1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'll never get over a submarine conning tower with high ceilings.

[​IMG]

dixiehack likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The holidays a tough time for him. I mean he probably gets Trump steaks and a signed MAGA cap as a gift from his dad.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I find this pretty interesting:

Nationwide, about 130,000 people work in coal mines or coal-fired power plants. By comparison, more than 350,000 work in solar or wind power generation, although very few of those workers are in West Virginia.

As of 2020 coal produced about 19% of the nation's energy. Wind produced 8.4%. Solar produced 3%.

It took 130,000 people to produce 19%, and 350,000 to produce 11.4. And, of course, all that "production" of wind and solar requires its own energy to produce. All that manpower on the off chance that the energy it took produce the energy harms the climate less than mining energy.

There's climate change. No question. I'm hard-pressed to see how this reverses the effects. It has to be on the consumption side.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Producing coal doesn't require its own energy?

5. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Something is afoot. Multiple freakouts during a holiday week by Trump, Junior, Eric, Vance, Flynn and others. Nothing to do with the high-stress family meal, either.

A few of the 'minor' characters from previous seasons have completely disappeared. Such as Mulvaney and that meatheaded 'acting' AG. WoNdEr WhY.

I hope these characters will 'reprise' their parts in future seasons.
    The blowout courtroom drama looks like it finally heads to the writing room.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And for the longest time I always thought this was the leader in the clubhouse.

R.jpeg

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

With any luck, a certain someone will leave him a lump of coal.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

So, we shouldn't try?

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I assume the majority of those workers are at the solar panel installation firms. Coal is extractive only in terms of employment. Solar has a retail element. It's like if you added all the electric utility workers whose sources are coal plants to the employment total of that industry.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

So tired of pr*cks who used to have a show on NBC using wielding political influence. What's Philip Michael Thomas up to nowadays?

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Forty percent of solar workers are dedicated to bleaching Jason Waller of Power Home Solar’s hair.

[​IMG]

maumann, 2muchcoffeeman and Mngwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted