1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd be satisfied to see Flynn stripped of his pension.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Open season on rolling back safety regulations if you're right. You probably are.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Requiring hard hats and steel toe shoes infringe on muh FREEDUMB!!!

Tarheel316 and Driftwood like this.
  4. DanOregon

With this court, you would just argue that the company's right to expect employees to show up everyday and not have to pay higher insurance premiums trumps their employees individual rights. Abortion and guns get the headlines, but the Roberts court as the Rehnquist court was - has always been about protecting corporate interests.

5. DanOregon

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Leaving aside the ridiculous incivility, particularly on a Christmas call with the President and First Lady (which is an Everest sized task), what in the world is so offensive about Joe Biden? Is it just the desire to be potty mouthed and Ba Ba Booey everything?

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Just took my mom to her church for Christmas Eve mass. Priest mocked Biden. I guess it's too much to ask for the second Catholic POTUS to be spared ridicule today in a Catholic church.

Thank you, Father Maga.

SFIND likes this.
  8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I would have walked out and sat in the lobby. And made sure I stared at the priest on the way out.

Tarheel316 likes this.
  9. DanOregon

Do it during communion get in his line look up then go to the other line. Drop a personal note in the offertory.

SFIND and OscarMadison like this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Boy oh boy. I'd have stormed out in a fucking fit they'd have talked about for 50 years.

I went to Catholic schools for 8 years, 50 years ago. A considerable portion of that, I was taught by Dominican nuns who were heavy into social justice activism. They were still hardcore anti-abortion, but very liberal on race relations, poverty and hunger issues, etc etc.

This is the key to the MAGGATS attack. They think they can do or say whatever they want without any fear of pushback whatsoever.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Lifelong Jew here ... what is it that Catholics believe? Like, what's their thing compared to normal Christians?

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Wasn't it the Catholic Church that helped Nazis escape justice? That Maga shit is in their DNA.

Draft saved Draft deleted