1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Dollar General doesn't have Valentine's gifts available on Dec. 28. Biden is in trouble.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

What are the chances that store was in the process of turning over the aisle when that was taken?

OscarMadison and tea and ease like this.
  4. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

High

OscarMadison and tea and ease like this.
  5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Isn’t he the guy saying Lehman Brothers is fine days before the collapse? I’d rather get my financial advice from a crystal ball.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

What are the odds Jim Cramer has ever been in a Dollar General before this?

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My wife basically builds planograms for a living. Shelves are constantly being cleared and refilled. Next is waiting for the truck to arrive.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The amount of precision it takes to run a retail store boggles the mind. Ordering a proper amount of product, knowing when to flex the displays, getting customers in the door so they'll bite for the regular-priced items as well as the sales items (though IIRC a lot of that is handled at corporate)... I admire anyone in retail management who has the knowledge to do that, as well as deal with the HR-type situations that regularly pop up. You can tell when management at a store is crappy and overwhelmed.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My wife still uses slang I don't completely understand. I know "end caps" and "U-boat" but still don't know what she means by "drive asile," "flex" and "pull list."

I only know doing the pull list for too long hurts her wrist.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

GQP Nazi sedition fuckheads rigging the next election.

But, Jim Cramer, the guy who missed the market collapse in 2009.

FileNotFound likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you are still going to put Jim Kramer on, you might as well sell the Nigerian prince people an infomercial block.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm related to that guy, according to my emails. (The prince, not Cramer.)

Although I'd probably come out just as much ahead if I sent the $5,000 to the prince.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted