1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Somebody explained it to me like this. I still don't get it. Can someone explain it to me like I'm 5?

[That’s funny because she demonize Ron DeSantis like he’s basically murdering everyone in Florida but then she goes to Florida to vacation while their her states are collapsing from COVID]

3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

A white man and a brown woman enjoying one another's company in public and it making someone very very upset ... I think I've seen this movie before.
    In fact I've been in that movie before.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Of course he was eating, while all of this was going on.

Who watches TV in a dining room.

even his ratfaced daughter couldn't get him to cancel his birthday party

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They're making a big deal out of her being unmasked in a restaurant. No one wears a mask when they are eating and drinking, and she is literally holding a glass in the photo. She's seated at an outdoor table, which is about as safe as you can make it if you are going to eat in a restaurant. Yes, she's on a holiday vacation in Florida, which isn't a choice I'd make, but statistically it's probably safer than New York is at the moment.

As to her state's Covid response, she's a Senator. She's done what she could in the Senate and by speaking out. She does not have the direct power to make policy declarations for her state the way a Governor can, and DeSantis has, repeatedly, made the wrong choices for public health in the name of political grandstanding.

OscarMadison, Mngwa and lakefront like this.
  8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

But said politician using that platform to incite an insurrection after an unequivocal loss is totally topian!

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

FWIW, it's her personal account that's been suspended. She still has access to her Congressional account.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

What part of capitalism is Herr Grenwald in opposition to

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Greenwald's hero Putin would've had a crazy enemy executed already.

Draft saved Draft deleted