1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That pretty well nails it. In an immediate sense, all Cruz could do is call and tell the people who were trying to get the power up to hurry up and get the power up. OTOH, he's a powerful voice in the Senate, and he could have been up FEMA's butt doing what he could to get things moving. He's a big time politician, he oughta know better than to go to Cancun. I have frozen in the dark, and I get that he was getting his family out of that. He can afford to do it by flying to Cancun, ok, good for him. It's still an incredibly bad move for a politician to make.

sgreenwell and HanSenSE like this.
  2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I think what the guy was trying to tell me was that my AOC was somehow hypocritical for vacationing in Florida after being so critical of the governor's handling of Covid. I don't see the hypocrisy. Does anyone?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    lakefront likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Look, any of us who have preached loudly about staying safe from Covid go to a restaurant, a bar, a movie once in a while. Sometimes you don't wear a mask. No matter how we try, we're most of us human and don't have iron discipline. She's no different, she's just a visible figurehead to target.

Other side of the coin is that if someone came up with a picture of me in a bar with a beer in my hand and no mask and called me a hypocrite over it, there would be some degree of truth in it.

wicked and Smallpotatoes like this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Good lord ... I was joking about this bunch using an awfully porous rubric when determining whether a given legislator is in the wrong for going off somewhere nice when the home front ain't all that pleasant. If it's [INSERT LEGISLATOR I LIKE] it's, "Well, they don't have anything to do with that!" If it's [INSERT LEGISLATOR I LOATHE] it's, "What a scumbag! They coulda done something!"

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Lucy pinkie promises to hold the football still this time.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Oddly enough - I read that as reneging

9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Totally

[​IMG]

SFIND likes this.
  11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Chris Matthews is itching to come back. He was on Chuck Todd’s podcast about six months ago promoting his book. That doesn’t happen unless someone at 30 Rock signs off.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

So even the Pretty Princess wasn't ready to go to the dungeon to save daddy's ass.

Wonder how long before she tells the REAL truth.

Could be a final frantic gambit before the vise really closes in: "he's been sick, horribly sick, for 30-40 years! No man would do the things he did if he wasn't sick and damaged. He doesn't need hardcore prison or death row, he needs therapy and treatment. I remember the sweet man he was before he became diseased."

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
Draft saved Draft deleted