1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

4. Neutral Corner

5. Neutral Corner

6. Neutral Corner

I'll be interested to see what Angry Staffer puts up tomorrow with regard to this. I agree with him that this is a flawed article, but if the core of it is correct the rioters are very lucky that they never breached the door to the House chamber, or perhaps would have been dead unlucky if they had.

Here's Beau's take on it, and I suspect this is going to be pretty close to what went on - and didn't.

7. Neutral Corner

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

One of the few joys of the last two years is watching J.D. Vance go through the cycles of teen identity 30 years after most people.

“They’ll have to like me now that I have this sweet beard and they made a movie about me and I told them fascism is okay!”

“Fuck you!”

“Do you want to come over and play in my pool?”

“Eat shit!”

FileNotFound likes this.
  10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Not that anyone ever thought Northam knew what he was doing, but this I-95 snow emergency thing will fall squarely - and heavily - on him.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Chuck Schumer: I've been emasculated by Manchin, let me send out this tough-sounding memo.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Not to absolve him of any responsibility, but this was a really weird storm. It was 70 in Virginia on Saturday and in the mid-60s for most of Sunday, so the roads were already warm. It was pouring down rain for hours before the switchover to snow, so pre-treating the roads was close to impossible because the rain simply washed away the salt, leaving prime conditions for an ice rink. It's 16 degrees right now, but I'm not going anywhere until early afternoon until some of the slush starts to melt, because it's rough out there this morning.

Driftwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted