1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

In the aftermath, none of this will matter much to the kind of people apt to make noise about it.

Snow removal failure/ failure to close the highway is - for reasons I've never entirely understood - a politician killer.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Isn’t he already on the way out?

Azrael likes this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I believe so.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

TV -- yes, he is.

AZ -- The Virginia Dept. of Transportation had a miserable day with all of this yesterday, and ultimately, that organization is under Northam's thumb.

5. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

I Should Coco and Hermes like this.
  6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Here in Northern-ish, Central-ish Virginia, I'm one of the few people I know with power, and the roads through Downtown Fredericksburg look like a shit show.

Already took in one refugee-friend last night, and it looks like I might have more family on the way over (... not that there's anywhere for them to park downtown).

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In my experience, elected officials from places where winter storms are rarer tend to be treated more leniently by the public than officials from places like, well, here in Massachusetts where storms are a regular part of winter. Our officials are quite rightly expected to be prepared for what is an inevitability, whereas in, say Atlanta a highway-disabling snow storm is seen as more of an act of God. Virginia would be borderline in this regard. It gets storms, but not nearly as many as we do. (This doesn't cover the western ridge of the Appalachians, where it snows a good deal). I will point out that also people here are more likely to heed official warnings to stay the hell off the roads if a storm is forecast to strike.

Alma likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

We'll see if his successor (an amateur) will have more success in a job that is really more DOT than CRT.

Driftwood likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Welp, then we're fucked. We've watched history rewritten in real time in the past year. The 1/6 folks are heroes to a lot of people.

That said, I am loving the disconnect between hardcore Trumpists who keep blaming antifa for the Capital breach and the fact he is planning a celebration at Mar-A-Lago on the one-year anniversary of it.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

How is it that they always seem to own the "when the facts come out" phase of these things?.

TigerVols likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, I plan on pointing that one out to the yammerheads on FB. Should be good for a laugh.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted