1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Not all Netflix, but this is a good list of binge-worthy series.

We kept our picks to closed-ended series only, with the exception of HBO’s The White Lotus (which will return for Season 2, but, as an anthology series, can be enjoyed as a standalone show). As much as we wanted to recommend ongoing series like HBO Max’s Starstruck or Peacock’s Girls5eva, we’ve stuck with shows you can watch in their entirety during an afternoon, without the commitment of eventual future episodes.

The Best TV Shows to Binge-Watch — Streaming Series | TVLine

PaperDoll likes this.
  2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Great British Baking Show if you like the contest aspect but the best part is GBBS master class, I think it's called. It when the hosts do the actual baking and you learn something. Like the good old days of the food channels.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    OscarMadison likes this.
  3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Is Kenan supposed to be over the top as an ironic comment on the sitcom genre? Or just a return to the form?

Either way, this fucking game can't start soon enough.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He’s very likable and I like Don Johnson in the show. But it’s like they wrote each script in 15 minutes.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I don't get it. What are they trying to do?

I like Fortune Feimater from Working and hearing her on podcasts.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I’m not sure they know. Every sitcom is either a workplace or a family comedy. This is kind of half of each. The daughters aren’t fully formed and the workplace isn’t fully formed, other than the flirtation with the boss.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, 'SATC' reboot characters are the same age as the 'Golden Girls'

“People have been pointing out this fact: Carrie, Miranda and Charlotte are approximately the same age as ‘The Golden Girls,’” Hoda Kotb said Monday on TODAY with Hoda & Jenna. “Season one, Rose is 55, Dorothy is 53, Blanche —”

“Forty-seven?!” Jenna interjected. “And Sophia is 79,” Hoda continued.

Jenna pointed out that Miranda and Charlotte are 54 in "And Just Like That..." and Carrie is 55. Those ages, plus storylines that depict how women in their 50s can have fulfilling sex lives, have changed the narrative about aging."

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

The 80s clothes + dressing pretty conservative + 80s hairstyles makes the Golden Girls look older in our eyes than they were.

lakefront and playthrough like this.
  9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Station Eleven was fantastic.

Cosmo likes this.
  10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

This is kind of my impression as well, except that I don't care for Johnson in the slightest. I think the strongest parts of the show are Chris Redd, Fortune and Lewis-Davis (who was better on ABC oddball comedy "Single Parents," which had a much better cast overall - Taran Killam, Leighton Meester, Brad Garrett).

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I never knew Mel Blanc was Barney Rubble.

Draft saved Draft deleted