1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2022 running NASCAR, IMSA & other racing things thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 20, 2021.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The debris left over from the Papyrus — including a lot of code base from the IndyCar game — became iRacing.

maumann and Machine Head like this.
  2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

The Papyrus Nascar Racing series was fantastic. One of my go-to games and it had every track in Cup and Busch so you could even do the likes of Nazareth and South Boston and such.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

@wicked: Slipped my mind, but iRacing does charge a monthly fee of $13 a month.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

We're near the Florida-Georgia line (south of Valdosta, not the band) and the overnight low is supposed to be 24. Going to be a cold night at Daytona now that the sun's gone down.

Driftwood likes this.
  6. 2muchcoffeeman

Rather than engineer and build a whole new GT3 Corvette and try to have it in time for the Rolex, Corvette Racing did something even more unprecedented: They converted last year’s GTLM/GTE-spec Corvette C8.R to GT Daytona/GT3 spec.

https://racer.com/2022/01/28/insight-converting-the-corvette/

At this writing, the Corvettes are running sixth and ninth in GTD Pro. Before the current caution flag, the current GTD Pro leader in a 911 was running a lap ahead of his closest in-class competitors, including one of the Corvettes, and the second ‘Vette is three laps behind that Porsche.

Ganassi was 1-2 at the head of the field before the yellow.

maumann likes this.
  7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I lived in Orlando in January 1990. I remember it getting coldish.
    It didn't compare to a couple of weeks later when I was living in North Chicago.

maumann likes this.
  8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Was streaming Peacock from the RV park for a few minutes and noticed everyone was having major issues getting heat into the tires. Looked very skatey out there for the first few laps.

9. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I thought the NBC crew did a good job covering the Rolex 24, at least the few hours I watched last night. A good mix of experienced and novice endurance racing knowledge, with things explained well without insulting the intelligence of experienced endurance racing fans. I must say, though, a lot of those cars aren't exactly good looking designs.

garrow and maumann like this.
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

There’s no Porsche 962 out there, but the Oreca prototype that is the default car in LMP2 these days looks a lot like the 919. I like the Cadillac, still haven’t decided about the Acura. Doesn’t matter, because all the DPi entries get retired to vintage racing and museums after Petit Le Mans in favor of the LMDh return of GTP.

Oh, did I mention?

IMSA revives GTP name for its next-gen Prototypes

[​IMG]

maumann likes this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

Best possible preview of the Coliseum track.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

Draft saved Draft deleted