1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

You are wrong, I am right. So there.

In the newsroom we used to have an abbreviation for a certain kind of story: OAO. One asshole's opinion. We now have three assholes vying for the honors, counting the recent arrival to the toipic.

So do you favor a return to the gold standard, or what?

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Hopefully someone in that newsroom understood the difference between facts and opinions.

3. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

Gold standard or no? How about Bitcoin?

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

doctorquant likes this.
  5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Still the best movie I've seen in the past 10 years.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I vie for no honors. All such that have come my way were so richly deserved that, truth be told, they were too long in coming.

7. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Hm. I'm sorry I didn't see this until now. I'm not sure of the current state of that item. But yes, I believe I've seen it, and that we have it. I also see the soft-drink vendors early most mornings, so I'll check on it tomorrow and get back to you.

TigerVols likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Some wet cat food has been tough to come by. Paint too.

Lately local stores have been running low on propane and diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) as well.

Compounding the issue is that stores are stocking and re-planogramming for spring already and kicking totally out the idea of things like heaters and faucet covers before January is ripped from the calendar.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The Gatorade aisles here have been bare for weeks. Wegmans hasn’t had its off-brand lower-calorie sports drink for months. It just seems to be really random stuff.

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

There was plenty of Gatorade and Powerade at Smart & Final (Fart and Sminal) a few days ago.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted