1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Isn't her name Emily Gordon?

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

One punch. Michael, Andy or Dwight ?

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Doh! You're right.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Endeavour. All but the most recent season is available on Prime. Great British mystery/police procedural show. Very atmospheric. Set in Oxford beginning in 1965 (each season gradually becomes a new calendar year). Prequel to "Inspector Morse."

Largely unknown (to me) cast, but the actors are great. Best part: how they integrate changing social dynamics (race, immigration, women's rights) into almost every episode.

And charmingly British dialogue. "Polly Adams? The barmaid at the King's Rifle?"

TigerVols likes this.
  6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Don’t know if this has been mentioned, but Euphoria on HBO Max is a mixed bag. The acting is fantastic, but the camera work and the obvious attempts to “shock” us are really distracting.

I didn’t have high hopes after the first season ended with a non-sequitur debacle, but the second season has been decent.

I’m fascinated by Hunter Shafer, the trans actress who plays Jules.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Don't know how I missed the fourth and final season of Goliath on Prime. It isnt' just the cast, or the Hitchcock flourishes in SF - but doing a fantasy broadway production number with JK Simmons touting opiods in ep. 2! One of the last songs written by Adam Schlesinger before his death? Totally in!!!!

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

There are a good group of new and second year network sitcoms. Ghosts, American Auto, Abbott Elementary and Home Economics are all fun watches.
    Grand Crew and United States of Al have their moments while B Positive changed it's narrative and is not very good after a decent first season.
    Meanwhile The Goldbergs are stumbling to a hopeful finale like Willie Mays for the Mets.

garrow likes this.
  9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Got the end of Season 4 of "Yellowstone" last night. Watched one of the trailers with 3 of the cowboys sitting around a table talking about the filming. Jimmy said that the first day of shooting for Emily was he fight scene with Mia. Impressive debut.
    Show kinda dragged to the finish. The longer I watched, the more I grew to hate Beth.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I need to check out Abbott Elementary - heard really good things about it, that it's better than the standard network fare. My wife and I like Ghosts and Home Economics too, and American Auto has seemed good in the little snippets I've caught.

I only catch parts of B Positive because it's on after Ghosts, enough to catch the absolutely wild plot twist that happens at the end of season one. I do kind of like a show that just "goes for it" in a way like that, and man, the supporting cast of that show is way too good to be on it. The power of a Chuck Lorre production, though - if you're an actor, you know it's going to be a steady paycheck.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Mixed bag is a really good way to put it. I love the theatrics of the show, the way it's shot and presented. And the music selection is awesome. The plot? Meh. Outside of Jules, everyone is a shitty person, including Rue.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Beth is like Darlene from Ozark, without the shotgun. Totally unlikable.

Draft saved Draft deleted