1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

B Positive needed to find a new direction after the transplant and it missed badly. Basically unwatchable now.

The others are good - curious to see if Ghosts and American Auto can sustain it.

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

This has gotta be the final season for The Goldbergs, right? Since George Segel passed and Jeff Garlin was fired (or on administrative leave or whatever), plus with Adam graduating high school and Erica and Jeff presumably getting married this season, it's a good point to just call it a day.

I might start picking up and watching Ghosts and American Auto. Just have been really busy lately.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Adam and Beverly have really had to carry the show, and while I like the latter in small doses, both get overexposed if they have to fill 14 to 21 minutes of the show.

Wenders likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anyone have opinions on streamers that slow walk series instead of dumping them all at once? I prefer binging shows, mainly because I like densely plotted shows and find them easier to follow watching straight through - than juggling three or four shows at a time. I want to get into 1883, but figure I'll wait until it is done.

Wenders likes this.
  5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We have been watching American Auto and Abbott Elementary and they are both fine. American Auto is more cynical but the writing isn’t good enough to really pull it off — it’s like Veep which has been through the photocopier 20,000 times.

The Goldbergs has been really rough. It has long outlived it’s usefulness.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Love once a week, especially if it’s a show to be discussed at work or on the internet.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I really wish I could mind-erase so as to go back and watch this series anew; one of my all-time favorites.

garrow likes this.
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I watched the first two episodes of Pam & Tommy last night. It is scheduled for eight, and I'd be surprised if I finish it.
    I'm old enough to remember this playing out in real time and saw the real tape, so beyond some nostalgia and Lilly James looking fit, it's not that good.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I watched an episode of Family Feud tonight, and it was one of those days where they're trying to give the money away. One of the Fast Money questions was, "Name something you need for a PB&J sandwich?"
    First person said peanut butter and got 33 points. Second person said jelly and got 23 points.
    The No. 1 answer was bread.
    WTF!?
    I expected bread to be an answer, but how did 40+ people give that answer when the question literally gives you two of the three possible answers?

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I looked up the original video last night, the first time I’d ever seen it. I expected it to be bigger.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Not sure if this goes here or the How Did I Not Know That thread, but was watching a Seinfeld rerun where Elaine is trying to get her boyfriend Joel Rifkin to change his name since it's the same as the noted serial killer.

One of the names she suggests is O.J.

Episode aired in late 1993. And then half a year later...

Batman and sgreenwell like this.
  12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

The Naked Gun movie commentaries also awkwardly make fun of the fact that they cast O.J. One of the opening scenes of the first movie is O.J. in a ski cap, sneaking into a place at night, and one of the Zuckers says, "Now is this for the movie?"

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted