1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Driving Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

To my amazement, you can still buy a base model Corvette for 62,000 American dollars. Insane value.

2022 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray | Sports Car

FileNotFound likes this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

But who really wants a base model Corvette?

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Kinda agree, base doesn’t even get you leather interior. New Corvette, cloth interior is ……..not good.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I love Corvettes. I used to say, “any year, any color, doesn’t matter.” Then I had a neighbor who had a 1981 in robin’s-egg blue. So I had to revise it to “any year, any color, except 1980-82 in robin’s-egg blue.”

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Such a smogless blue afternoon at Olympic and Century Park East that you can see the Observatory.

[​IMG]

MileHigh likes this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Me?

2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Base Model Review: What You Get for $60K

The Chevrolet Corvette is the 2020 MotorTrend Car of the Year

Few cars change the automotive landscape, forcing other manufacturers to react, as the status quo will no longer do. It's déjà vu all over again, again, folks. Chevy is selling a supercar for sports car prices. As I told a wealthy supercar collector friend of mine, "If I were you, I'd buy three." Or as MacKenzie put it, "Hallelujah! A real, honest-to-god, mid-engine supercar for the price of a Corvette." Great job, Chevrolet.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/the-60k-2021-corvette-embarrasses-the-100k-porsche-911/

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  7. Songbird

The sequel to Ford vs. Ferrari is Porsche vs. Caddy.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

A rare day indeed. But don't many of these days precede or accompany Santa Anas?

9. Songbird

It was windy around the Southland today.

So this is not a good photo, took it on the walk home, thru glass, low lighting, but it is a fucking beast of a vehicle.

What I'm noticing is the L.A. is a Mercedes town. Lots of Beamers and Audis etc etc but man, I keep seeing one Benz after another.

This photo doesn't do it justice. It's fucking enormous.

[​IMG]

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

An extremely modified G-Class with a lift kit. Fucker has to be at least $200K. You sure you didn't take a left turn at Albuquerque and wind up in Dallas?

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Or Stuttgart.

Routine to see the big G500s and AMG G-Class running 130 mph+ on the Autobahn.

Especially the ones just stolen, heading east to Warsaw, Minsk and Moscow to be resold.

The G500 appears in one of the all-time great contemporary movie chases too, The Bourne Supremacy - with Dr. Leonard McCoy behind the wheel.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Was lucky enough to get hauled around Northern Italy on the Autostrada in the back seat of one of these for a week.

Like it was on rails.

Zoom, etc.

2021 AMG GLE 63 S Coupe

Draft saved Draft deleted