1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Her boyfriend / Linney’s brother on the show was great, too.

garrow likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And if you can't get enough Julia Garner, check out her new limited series on Netflix "Inventing Anna" in which she plays a real-life Russian-German fraudster. Her accent seems to channel Tommy Wiseau.

Co-stars Amy from Veep and Stewy from Succession.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I’m all-in on the original Law and Order coming back. Not a reboot. Season 21.

Just good, compact formula for each episode. It had a couple of meh seasons toward the end. But the last season before they pulled the plug was really good.

If only Jerry Orbach was still with us…

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Finished the first season of Peacemaker on HBO Max last night. It was a fitting end, with Peacemaker and his crew alternating between badass and just bad with results that are mostly funny. There were actually a few solid emotional beats in the finale. They recently announced that there will be a second season.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Season 4 of the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel dropped today.

garrow likes this.
  6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Cena’s range to show Chris as a vulnerable lonely guy you feel bad for even as he’s a sarcastic murderous dick was something else. Show will be a star launching vehicle for that guy

garrow likes this.
  7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Ep 1 of Severence on Apple TV. Really interesting premise. Dark mood for now.

garrow likes this.
  8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I was ready to quit 15 minutes in but I’m glad I stuck with it. Curious about where it will go.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Of course, they had some fun surprises near the end of the episode. :)

Edit: I had no idea until now that James Gunn and Jennifer Holland (Hardcourt) are a couple. They just got engaged.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The second season of Space Force was better than the first but still not as good as it should be.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I know Euphoria's not everyone's cup of tea, but damn, last night, the needle drop song at the end was ... the opening theme from the Italian horror film Cannibal Holocaust, which was banned in a bunch of countries worldwide. Cannibal Holocaust was briefly trending on Twitter, with the caveat of "oh man, these kids who watch Euphoria are about to get an education in old-school shock horror." LOL.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I agree.

It’s also really interesting to watch from a visual perspective.

Draft saved Draft deleted