1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Watched a bunch of this yesterday. I know the story of Anna Delvey / Sorokin but this is a good recap. I like the framing of it being told from the journalist perspective.

It's also clearly a Shondaland series because half the actors were on Scandal.

garrow likes this.
  2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

This might be losing a little steam for me, but it's one of the few shows my wife and I agree on.

Going to give Severance a shot.

OscarMadison and Wenders like this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Been very strange watching shows on Peacock the last few days, with the audio and video out of sync, like on the Speed Racer cartoons.

But one thing makes up for it: Peacock has "Slap Shot "

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Man, that last episode was the show at its absolute worst. Overly gimmicky, disorienting, pretentious crap.

On the heels of one of the best episodes of the entire run.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I don't disagree. The needle drop almost made it worth sitting through tho. Ha.

MisterCreosote likes this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Taxi and Mary Tyler Moore Show are on Hulu. Starting MTM season 1, episode 1.

OscarMadison, Wenders and lakefront like this.
  7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Anyone else watching The Afterparty on Apple TV+? A comedy/mystery about a death at a 15 year HS reunion with each episode told from the POV of a different character. It has some fleas but we’ve really been enjoying it.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Also on Pluto TV. I wonder how many people know about Pluto. It's free, and it's excellent with all its "niche" channels.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Pluto is awesome. Every so often I'll go on an old game show binge and Pluto has it covered.

Started watching the Boeing 737-Max documentary on Netflix. Absolutely disgraceful, Boeing.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying it but would have preferred for them to all drop at once so I could binge them instead of once per week.

They are doing a good job of concealing the killer. I have my assumption although at times it seems that none of them did it and at other like any of them could have.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It really is compelling; I only with it was about 20 minutes longer and they explored how it's been recertified. I mean, I really don't want to fly on one that's for sure.

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Anybody watch the Reno 911 movie on Paramount+? I've been watching a ton of the show recently on dvr and there are ads for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted