1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Dude, we all age.

Not looking for a tussle, just saying what happens.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

No shit?
    I guess it's because Lowell hasn't been in a ton of stuff since she left Law & Order, so we haven't seen her gradually age the way we see a lot of other actors and actresses do. Waterston, for example, just looks like an older version of the guy we saw when the show signed off 10 or 12 years ago or whenever it was (and not for the better, either; he seems to have lost a lot off of his acting fastball). He's popped up here and there since then as well. Lowell just reappeared 20 years older and it was jarring. Her face looked a lot different, too, like she'd had some work done that didn't quite go the right way. Of the three returning cast members in this episode she obviously had changed the most in terms of appearance.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

No shit.

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

'Hymie the Robot' was a character on a network tv show? Wow.

5. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Tighthead likes this.
  7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I don't think six seasons of "Grace and Frankie" did any favors to Waterston's acting chops.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Jeffrey Donovan is a pretty god awful actor to me. It's vaguely okay on a "blue skies" TV program like Burn Notice, but christ, he's doing more than chewing the scenery on the new L&O. Unless they're setting him up to get fired or shot, a la Greevey in the S2 premiere, he's a bad fit for the show.

Batman likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Didn't realize it, but he is continuing an L&O tradition in one respect. He was in two episodes of the original series, in 1995 and 2007, thus joining the long list of actors on the show who have played multiple roles at one time or another.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The ultimate one-actor, one-show, two-role guy.

"But first ... a number!"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm re-watching Season 2 of Daredevil before all of the Marvel series are removed from Neflix Monday. Among all the shows, that was the best season, the one that introduced Jon Bernthal as The Punisher to an already strong cast. The series is known for its amazing fight scenes, and there are two of them in that season, but this scene shows what really made the series work, the depth of the characters.

Edit: The comments on that clip led me to this one, a funny story about filming the scene. I hadn't even noticed what looks like a tear sliding down the face of Charlie Cox through the mask, but it wasn't a tear after all.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  12. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

We watched L&O and almost came off the couch when Lowell appeared. I found a couple of stories about her online and she looked far worse on TV than in those photos. It looked almost like the makeup and styling on L&O intentionlly made her look old and tired. Perhaps that was the point.

The wife of the dead rapist-star was on the show in 2010 and played the L&O role of an opera star - Cara - who became invalid, with an abusive sister and loving brother. I've seen that episide enough in reruns to have immediately recognized her. My wife said I have an L&O issue.

Waterston made good money for his limited appearance. I don't care for the new ADA and his assistant. And if this is an updated show why the hell is a white dude still the ADA? They didn't seem to diversify or update a whole lot.

Draft saved Draft deleted