1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I care for the assistant.

'Dave' was renewed for season 3.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

The assistant gives off strong Angie Harmon vibes - in terms of character. I kind of liked the new ADA. It's kind of a change of pace to get one who's not willing to do everything possible to get the "guilty" verdict, since that was McCoy and others' MO.

3. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I liked Ben Stone much more than McCoy.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We are caught up with the released 4 episodes of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (with 4 more to come) and really nothing has happened this season. One big speech and the rest is all costumes and quirks.

OscarMadison and Killick like this.
  5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Anyone still watching the Walking Dead? I didn't like the first episode when they came back mostly because It seems like Maggie's return she is 5 years emotionally behind everyone else. They handled her absence poorly and they have handled her return worse. But this week's episode just didn't make any sense. They're taking huge chunks of time in these episodes and they're just not telling a very cohesive story at this point

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It feels like they are rushing things because it is the final season. This last episode was jarring, and not in an entertaining way.

I agree regarding Maggie. Her actions in the previous episode seem particularly out of place now. Of course, we saw at the end of the episode that her attitude is going to create a conflict.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

lakefront likes this.
  8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The HBO series on the Lakers is awesome. 37 minutes into episode 1 and Jack Kent Cooke is already shown to be the enormous racist piece of shit, asshole and fuckstain we knew him to be. And Jerry West as a bitter drunk

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was wondering why the called it that stupid name, but then realized calling it "Showtime" on HBO might be confusing.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I believe that was its name in development, until someone at HBO said, "Why are we running it with this name?"

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

West was great.
    I do like that they were sure to include that he pegged the second-best player in the draft. He was dead-wrong about Magic, but he wasn’t totally wrong.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted