1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 college basketball coaching carousel of progress

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Jan 26, 2022.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Pepperdine has a lot of open space. The saying around campus is, wherever you're going, it's uphill from where you are. Even coming back.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The western Catholic schools are different. USF, LMU and Seattle U are pretty landlocked, but they are true urban campuses. USD isn't, I think they got the land first and the city grew up around it. Never been to Santa Clara or St. Mary's.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I presume St. Bonaventure has all the open space you could desire, assuming you can put snow tires on the construction crane to build the arena of your dreams.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. dixiehack

Cuonzo Martin gets the gate at Mizzou.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Pepperdine isn't Catholic. Church of Christ. Non-denominational. But that may be the most scenic locale of any college in the country.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Lots of room to get away, which is what the two Bonnies who each missed both ends of two-shot fouls in the final minute of today's one-point loss to SLU probably want to do.

SBU has a nice, 1960s-era arena, seats about 5500 and is perfect for them.

7. ChrisLong

This, I know. The thread shifted Catholic on me. I was talking about campuses in general.

Back in the WCC's 8-team days, the other seven were all Jesuit Catholic. Pepperdine wasn't.

Pepperdine, UC Santa Barbara and UC San Diego lead the scenic ranks. And it helps recruiting that at any given time, the scenery includes bikini-clad coeds sitting on the edge of the hot tub next to Firestone Fieldhouse.

HanSenSE, tapintoamerica and MileHigh like this.
  8. dixiehack

Hide the sharp objects from BYM. Capel is coming back at Pitt.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

His buyout is $15 million thanks to the dipshit AD. We all knew this was coming.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sewanee would like a word.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Lived near St. Mary's growing up, my grandpa and aunt and two cousins went there - great little campus. Surrounded by hills. Santa Clara started that way as well, but growth has pretty much surrounded it. There's a reason Bennett has stayed at St. Mary's. The only major problem with it is you have to drive to have any fun.

maumann likes this.
  12. ChrisLong

Two problems: It's in the South. It has no Pacific Ocean across the street.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted