1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Driving Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

First visual out of the gym today.

Lotta Bobcats here.

20220305_112223 (1).jpg

2. Songbird

Drove to Hollywood to a job fair for a job I don't want.

On the drive back, weaving thru streets to avoid the clogged arteries, at a red at the corner of Flunk and Skunk, I saw this chickadee.

Loved the symmetry and the visuals. I'm rather close to being in her situation, without a home, so very close.

I can sell my beater for a few thousand but I don't think I could deal with not having a car.

[​IMG]

The quote in the photo is from Oscar Wilde. Been used a lot over the decades.

My favorite use is by Chrissy and the Pretenders.

"We are all of us in the guttah, while some of us are looking at the stars."

3. Songbird

And I gotta say that the zig zagging thru tiny streets in and out of Sunset and Vine and Willoughby etcetera etcetera led to some funny personal moments.

4. Songbird

Either start at Jack in the Box or sell my car ... it's getting dire.

I did catch this after the gym today on Pico. No idea what the hell is going on just like in my life. So fucking apropos to the moment.

[​IMG]

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Maybe the meter expired?

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Songbird, your LA photos are fantastic. You should collate them, explore printing them, and see if any LA gallery would be interested in exhibiting them.

Songbird likes this.
  7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

This is just a first world bitching so indulge me but less than 2 mos after buying my new car some stupid lady next to me in my building parking lot takes out the entire left fender and cameras and maybe hood when we were both parked and I gave her TWO FEET between our cars. Dammit!!!

8. Songbird

SJ Gallery is my gallery.

Been here 19 years.

It's the internet's original message board, journalism watering hole, and art gallery.

Anyway ...

Lately my life
    always seems to be
    39 miles till E.

[​IMG]

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

@Songbird is there someone who could front you some coin to see a therapist? From what you have shared lately it seems like you are in a deeply stuck place and you aren’t sure how to get unstuck, even as you recognize it is a perilous situation. You deserve an opportunity to rediscover your spark.

10. Songbird

A smackingly beautiful day in L.A. at 78 with no clouds.

Went on a walk down La Cienega to do some Columbo type stuff for someone I know who got scammed.

On the way to the place I see the blue Bug in a parking lot next to a stretch of homeless tent folks.

Cute black chick who lives in one of the tents gets into the Bug, driven by a white guy acting all furtive and shit

The black dude who was sort of overseeing her getting into the Bug looked at me with buggy eyes. It was a moment.

Took a photo of the Bug just in case there's a story of a black woman gone missing or worse.

[​IMG]

Also, with the talk of windmills here lately ... there's a new show called Atlanta. If you zoom in you can see a windmill.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
  11. Songbird

Not to let this go unanswered but the boat's going down. At this point I'm enjoying the fiddler.

12. Songbird

So after the Columbo recon, I headed back up La Cienega and saw this adorable little dinosaur keychain thingy on the sidewalk.

[​IMG]

I thought it was kind of funny because "Dinosaur" has a personal meaning which just happened to come up this morning.

Took a few more photos of the dinosaur against traffic and was about to be on my way again. But then I decided to pick it up and take it with me.

[​IMG]

I stopped 20 steps later at a business protected by fences wrapped with razor blades.

Must be a fancy dancy business, huh?

Just looked it up ... and OK, the razor blades are warranted because it's a Ferrari shop:

[​IMG]

Thought I'd have a little artistic fun and reached up and hung the dinosaur on one of the razor blades then took some photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

... and left it hanging and continued up La Cienega.

Crossed the street just before Olympic.

Standing at the corner waiting for the light, I looked back across the street and figured out where the dinosaur came from.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe that was a sign that I should apply there tomorrow.

-30-

Draft saved Draft deleted