1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I use to see the Charlie Sheen show like that, it never drew me in.

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I hope everyone takes the time to watch some of that. Very complicated genius.

Songbird likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've always found Lewis a lot more interesting when he's not acting like an idiot and seems perpetually pissed off and about to snap. That's why I tuned in every year to the telethon...ba da BING!!!!

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

We used to watch Two and a Half Men fairly regularly. If I see it turn up in reruns today, I actively avoid it. In other words, it had some odd appeal to me once that has completely disappeared since.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Abbott Elementary has really hit a groove.

jr/shotglass and garrow like this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Learned today that all of the Mrs. Maisel synagogue scenes were where I attended services as a kid and had my Bar Mitzvah. Goes to show you have far I've repressed that time.

2muchcoffeeman and Wenders like this.
  7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Atlanta is back.

And weird.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

AP Bio shoots at my high school even though they're supposed to be in Toledo.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Like, what in the actual fuck was that first episode? Teddy Perkins 2.0

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I have no idea how much of it is truth and how much is fiction and how much is exaggeration but "Winning Time" sure is fun to watch. It reminds me of when I liked and watched the NBA.

It also made me check out the 1980 Lakers' roster. I had forgotten completely that Jim Chones was on that team and played a huge role. And I'm not surprised they got rid of Ron Boone ASAP and didn't even keep Adrian Dantley, if their portrayals on the show are even half accurate. Even if Dantley went on to have a great career

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

There is a thread on it.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This show has the elements to be an Office-level success. They might need to tone down the lead character's neediness, or at least show some growth.

Draft saved Draft deleted