1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I want to know how many of those “truckers” are claiming unemployment. Over/under: a third.

Then I’d love to see who is “donating” to help pay for these guys’ expenses. Koch Industries?

Perhaps unemployment officials can go after these guys for fraud. It’s not like they’re actively seeking jobs in their “home” states.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Part of the problem, I think, is that it's always the first time he has read it.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

and calamitous world events

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

What high gas prices shall bring forth

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Will the compliment or counter the chips I got when I received the covid vaxes and booster?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

The hell it ain't. Body language and sneering delivery send signals, too.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Why do you think they called it a booster?

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

"Hello, Chippy! You're doing a jolly good job in there!"

Twirling Time likes this.
  11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

the truckers believe the ultimate blame for their predicament lies with Washington Mayor Muriel Bowser and the D.C. Metropolitan Police

As has been noted numerous times, not one mile of the Beltway is in the District of Columbia.

matt_garth likes this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Is this in reference to Ukraine?

Yes, Ukraine matters to a lot of people.

I think it'd be fair, too, to say that, however chagrined the middle/left media might be about it, it appears the right-wing media's argument that Democrats don't care enough about kitchen-table issues has considerable resonance with voters. Regardless of whether I think the GOP cares - and I don't think they do - is immaterial; there's an impression Democrats don't care enough about the issues that were once their bread and butter because they don't have to care; they're rich. Inflation is an abstraction to them.

And Biden's team has repeatedly fed into that; that inflation isn't a big deal, or, to the extent that it is, inflation is a necessary sacrifice to support the people of Ukraine. And that only has so much resonance.

Draft saved Draft deleted