1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

It does cross into the district, but only for a few hundred feet near the WW Bridge.

Cosmo likes this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I didn’t say the GOP has answers. It doesn’t have many. And yet it’s the favored party in many polls.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

HanSenSE and Mngwa like this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Brandon

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The private schools aren't funded that great either, FWIW. Those triple-wides can eat into cracker finances. So do the tithes to snake-handlers.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

To paraphrase Aaron Sorkin's script in The American President (which was some eerie prophecy), the GOP isn't the least bit interested in solving our problems. They just want to make you afraid of them and tell you someone else is to blame. And when they get in power, they will always deflect the blame to the previous Democratic administration.

10. Starman

Ahhh, the days when an American president could go on teevee and say, "I'm gonna go door to door, and I'm gonna get the guns," without an entire teevee network calling for his immediate assassination.

OscarMadison and Baron Scicluna like this.
  11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Can do it almost from memory

We have serious problems to solve, and we need serious people to solve them. And whatever your particular problem is, I promise you Bob Rumson is not the least bit interested in solving it. He is interested in two things, and two things only: making you afraid of it, and telling you who's to blame for it. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you win elections. You gather a group of middle age, middle class, middle income voters who remember with longing an easier time, and you talk to them about family, and American values and character, and you wave an old photo of the President's girlfriend and you scream about patriotism. You tell them she's to blame for their lot in life. And you go on television and you call her a whore.

12. Starman

Uhhhh, hang on. Chris Rock made an inane joke about Jada Pinkett Smith's hairstyle, or lack thereof, qualifying her for the upcoming "GI Jane II."
    Will Smith took this as a supreme insult; Jada, sitting right there, just kinda rolled her eyes.

Rock wasn't practicing investigative journalism or discussing profound public issues. I don't think the free exchange of ideas or information has been seriously chilled or infringed.

Who knows, maybe our society would be a hell of a lot better off if certain people would have leaped onstage and slapped the shit out of Fatfuck for insulting their wives.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted