1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Does Infowars make enough money to fork over all that cash? Then again they probably have some subscription service that rakes in $$$$ from the loons.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Infowars is nothing but a front for Jones to sell collodial silver, "health" supplements and freeze-dried food to his idiot followers. That's where the money is. Along with, I'm sure, backchannel donations from big money friends.

Smallpotatoes and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We have a former President begging a sworn rival of the US to dig up and release dirt on his political enemy (well his son). And people laugh that we are broken.

TigerVols and OscarMadison like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I imagine he's had a flexible accountant working on hiding as much of it as possible.

wicked likes this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Just as he did in 2016

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Another fuckwit that I can't wait to see prosecuted.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Maybe that Horseface Witch Ingraham can dress up as a Christmas tree for early Halloween.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That is me.

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The article says there are nine plaintiffs, if a family is considered one plaintiff, then the total number is barely a million.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Governing this country in the traditional way you describe - cloakroom persuasion, horsetrading, and legislation making its way through Congress - requires two parties acting in good faith.

At this moment in history, however, one of those parties has a) been pretty forthright in saying their goal is to dismantle/destroy the government and b) lost its fucking mind.

So in the interim, executive orders are one way to get done some of the things that need doing. There are plenty of checks and balances to undo Executive Orders. And historically, there have been many of them. Many. Going all the way back to George Washington. https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/statistics/data/executive-orders Beware the Imperial Presidency of . . . Calvin Coolidge!

So AOC is right on both counts.

As to whether or not she's correct about harnessing the more liberal instincts of the Democratic party, I can only refer you to current Democrats like Joe Manchin.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
Draft saved Draft deleted