1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

If you hang with Severance, the payoff late is really good. The first 6 episodes were dark and a bit slow but last week's episode really started the downhill towards the conclusion (IMHO).

garrow likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just got going on Yellowstone season 4. Oh, I love listening to the words of Taylor Sheridan. And Kelly Reilly still manages to look incredible even after her office is bombed. Pretty incredible season opener.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thanks to HBO Max, got a chance to finish "Crashing." Great show. And features one of my bestest crushes (Lauren Lapkus). And hey the other women Pete dates are awesome too (Jamie Lee, Madeline Wise). Hilarious and yet dramatic (in a good way) show.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"Super Pumped" is good.

"City on a Hill" returns this month, great show.

I'm also really into "The Gilded Age."

garrow likes this.
  5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

OK, I'll do it ... a comment about "Bridgerton." My wife has been binging on it this week and I have stumbled upon a few scenes that made me laugh.

Without spoiling anything, I'll say I saw one of the sex scenes from the new season ... and in case you didn't know the show was targeted at middle-aged women, the way that scene was filmed and presented was a dead giveaway.

Among the funny bits (so to speak) about the sex scene: Who knew men of the 1800s (or whenever the hell this series is set) shaved all their body hair? ;)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

April Fools Joke -- Fallon and Kimmel hosted each others shows. Apparently two years in the making -- they wanted to do it in 2020 and the pandemic happened two weeks before they could pull it off.

garrow likes this.
  8. DanOregon

Imagine it will be tough night for Colbert tonight, sharing the stage of Batiste's big night at the Grammy's. Of course, Fallon had ?uestlove win an Oscar a week ago.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Walking Dead keeps shuffling and stumbling its way to the end. For those no longer paying attention, they split the final season into three parts. The finale for Part 2 is next week.

The show has three new spinoffs coming. One is Tales of The Walking Dead, an anthology series which could be interesting. The other two are more of a problem because they involve members of the current cast. One spinoff will follow Daryl and Carol. Another will see Maggie and Negan together in New York City, which has not been explored yet in any of the series.

The problem with those last two seems to be that it reduces the stakes for the rest of the final season of the main show. If they are moving on in spinoffs, those characters can't die. That leads me to my hope, which is that at least one of the spinoffs isn't real. They were put out there as misdirection, and one or more of those characters won't make it after all. This wouldn't be out of character for a series involving Robert Kirkman, who created the source material. They released promos complete with cover art for issues up to No. 196, but the series suddenly and unexpectedly came to an end with issue No. 193.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Why would it be tough?

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I watched the pilot of "How We Roll," the CBS sitcom which roughly chronicles the rise of pro bowler Tom Smallwood.

Plus: Scandal alum Katie Lowes, who I would watch making PB&J sandwiches. The return of Chi McBride to network TV. Also Brett Butler's TV sidekick, Julie White. Possibilities for the story line, given Smallwood's rags-to-riches tale.

Minus: Star Pete Holmes does not look like he has bowled much, and they never show the result of his deliveries. That's a pretty big minus. And outside of the aforementioned, the rest of the supporting players are eminently forgettable.

12. DanOregon

I'm sure both Fallon and Colbert are thrilled with the wins, - just being sarcastic. Fun fact - Colbert has two Grammys of his own. I also have to think having the regular gig - particularly during COVID times, gave the musicians the financial stability and time to make their award-winning projects a reality. Maybe I meant - it's going to be a tough night for Cleto and the Cletones on the Kimmel show?

Draft saved Draft deleted