1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Patchen likes this.
  2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

The two companies that pioneered combination grocery/discount stores in the United States were Meijer in Michigan and Fred Meyer in the Portland area. Obviously the founders of the Oregon company were better at spelling.

maumann likes this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I don’t agree with Mitt Romney on, well, anything politically. But I don’t doubt he’s a descent human being. Calling him pro-pedofile? Fuck off.

How did the left let it come to blah blah chucklefucking blah.

This will get no attention from GOP “leadership.” Wonder if she’s a part of the Republican cocaine orgies.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The original Walmarts were just discount stores in the mold of other chains like Kmart, Gibson's and ALCO when I was a kid. They added groceries later to become Supercenters and that's when they really blew up.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Meijer's was definitely the first "superstore" in Michigan; there was a big building boom in the late 60s/early
    70s when a lot of shopping centers were built, including a lot of K-Marts (successors to Kresge's).
    Meijer's had the grocery stores; Kmart didn't, until the 80s/90s.
    Until about the 90s, you went either grocery shopping, or shopping for stuff.
    Or else you went to Meijer's.

Wal-Mart didn't even appear in our neck of the woods until the late 80s.

maumann likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

How much do you want to bet he either defaulted on money he was supposed to pay someone related to the app, or he found a way to make money on the failure while others lost out?

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Worked when Roy Moore ran. Moore's been caught claiming he graduated with honors when he didn't graduate.

Besides, he's Black and running as a Republican.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Republicans: “People who ignore science are mentally ill groomers. How do I know? This book that says women come from guys’ ribs and virgins can get magically impregnated told me so.”

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Using violence to overturn an election takes a lot of work. That's why I always carry Trump Gold Card. Trump Gold Card: don't leave an insurrection without it.
    [​IMG]

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Hm.

Hm. Hm. Hm.

Hmmmmmm.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted