1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Conspiracy or inducement.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Greetings from where I can see Tom Tiffany's district from my house. Tiffany was elected in a special election three years ago to replace The Real World alum Sean Duffy, who resigned after his 11th kid or whatever was determined in utero to have a significant heart defect.

Tiffany's an asshole, but generally a pretty quiet one. Partially because of that and partially because his district spans from Lake Superior to Marshfield and from Hudson (which is basically a Twin Cities exurb) to most of the Wisconsin-U.P. border, he's got a lot of small-town guns-and-solitude voters to pander to. He's on TV far less often than Pete Stauber, the ex-cop who has now spent three terms pandering to downtrodden rural Iron Rangers about the Citiots who want to ban copper mining and "our way of life," his favorite dog whistle. Stauber wouldn't touch this, which is interesting. Either Tiffany's really off the reservation (Stauber at least pays lip service to being bipartisan sometimes) or Stauber is concerned about his slightly new district and opponent, a female UMD economics professor.

Machine Head likes this.
  5. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Marge’s ears must’ve been burning.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

She’s probably the most popular member of the GOP outside of Trump.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

My representative was one of 63 Republicans that voted no on a simple resolution that calls for the United States to continue supporting the democratic principles upon which NATO was founded. :(:mad:

Driftwood likes this.
  9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

What I Wouldn’t Give For Twenty More Years! Here We Are, Protected, Free To Make Our Profits Without Garland, the Goddamn Justice Department, And The F.B.I. In Partnership With A Friendly Government. Ninety Miles! It’s Nothing! Just One Small Step, Looking For A Man Who Wants To Be President Of The United States, And Having The Cash To Make It Possible. Donald, we’re bigger than Trump Airlines.

Dyno and garrow like this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Gaetz's comeuppance will be ugly.

matt_garth likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm guessing he/she hasn't issued a press release yet?

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted