1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

This was the first time I'd heard of Massie, and I still laugh hard when I come across this tweet.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

SEC states seem to be in a constant battle to prove which of them has the biggest asshole quotient.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I do wish Republicans could get their "narratives" straight. They'll suggest a Supreme Court nominee would defend a Nazi one day, support Russian atrocities the next.

OscarMadison, garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

5. Sam Mills 51

I don't think he's flip-flopping on this one ...

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  6. Sam Mills 51

7. Sam Mills 51

Race to the Bottom, part infinity ...

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Maybe daddy shouldn't commit crimes?

OscarMadison and dixiehack like this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm guessing there IS someone in the deepest bunker of GOP HQ who sees what is going on in the news, what is coming up and writes up a "game plan" for GOP talking points on a week by week basis - they always play offense and usually start playing offense before a story that normally would put them on the defensive side of things comes to light.

R Member of Congress facing indictment on accepting illegal foreign donation and lying to the Feds? Roll HUNTER BIDEN!
    Rs defending Russia from war-crimes? Accuse SCOTUS nominee of defending Nazis!
    Sitting Member of Congress facing indictment on child-sex trafficking? Accuse all Dems of defending Pedos!
    Judging by how Rs seem to be extra loud this week on the border, I'm guessing something is about to bust about that as well.

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

The photo is real:

Campaign spokesperson Scott Guthrie provided a photograph of the original image to The Associated Press which shows the tone of Mandel’s hands is lighter and more evenly matches his face. There are no other indications, such as blurs, distortions or inconsistencies in the background, on either version of the photo that would demonstrate the image was manipulated to add new elements.

“It’s obvious that Josh’s head was not photoshopped,” Guthrie wrote in an email, referencing the original photo.

Fred Davis, CEO of the Hollywood-based agency that created the video, said no outside images were added to the photo and no skin features were intentionally darkened.

Davis said a “vignette” effect — which darkens the corners of images — was added to make white text at the bottom stand out, which may have also affected Mandel’s hands in the lower part of the frame.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...d704b6-b5ed-11ec-8358-20aa16355fb4_story.html

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Let the truth come out.

If it is indeed shopped, and they are doubling down on a lie...

We will know soon, either way.

Draft saved Draft deleted