1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's a statement totally without evidence, and is contradicted by 50 fucking years of people who've worked for Biden, or even people who've opposed him for 50 years, like one of my brothers, who has always liked him personally a bunch. Sometimes your contrarianism is founded in fact, and sometimes, like this one, it's founded in attitude. A bad attitude.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's good to see the system working. This is a big deal. Transnational Organized Crime is behind a lot of stuff. Between this and the FBI adding a five million dollar reward for Semyon Mogilivitch, it's enough to give a guy a little hope. Mogilivitch and Putin are partners, and he's probably the senior partner, or was. That's the guy that Putin *really* has to worry about. If Mogilivitch decides he has become a liability he could fall out of a window.

FBI, State Department Announce $5 Million Reward for Fugitive Semion Mogilevich | Federal Bureau of Investigation

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Japanese Mel Profitt?

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You took my post on page 2509 of a politics thread as a summary statement of Biden’s entire political career? Really?

He’s not the same politician. He’s been to personal hell and back. He’s extremely old to be president. He took over at a very very hard time. They’re trying to get him to the finish line of one term. Who are we kidding?

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Merely tolerated and covered for"? I'll take his brand of that over what we just suffered four years of in a heartbeat. Given a 50-50 Senate with Mitch McConnell as chief obstructionist he's accomplished a helluva lot. As always, it will take some time to get an objective look at it. The half a loaf that the Dems got through was half of a very large loaf. The R's in my neck of the woods are busy preening for the cameras about the federal money coming into multiple programs when every single one of the assholes voted against the bill that provided the funding.

Webster, garrow, HanSenSE and 2 others like this.
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Quoting this so I can like it again.

HanSenSE, Driftwood and maumann like this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I do, too. I think we will always appreciate his willingness to be the candidate who beat Trump. It was an honorable move.

10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

heyabbott likes this.
  11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted