1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Rewatching The Flight Attendant Season 1. Season 2 drops on HBO Max April 21.

jr/shotglass and garrow like this.
  2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Drew Barrymore is horrible and cringey and unwatchable… but if you think it’s the worst thing ever on TV, I suggest you check out “Chad” on TBS.

Mngwa likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Michael Mann's new show "Tokyo Vice" debuts today on HBO Max. It is supposed to be excellent.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Probably part of the reason why they're pushing the show there, though. I think its worked to an extent for the Taylor Sheridan extended universe of shows.

6. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My guess is they are killing off DWS, but figure they'll burn off the contracts. They just dumped the show's EP. Like American Idol, as shows age they get a lot more expensive to produce as everyone gets the annual bump - but once the ratings make a show unprofitable, they end it. You let the show "rest" for a couple of seasons and "relaunch" it as a "new show" with the lower budget of a "new show." I still don't understand how NCIS is still cranking 'em out.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

NCIS is probably only paying Harmon and McGill, whoever the hell that guy is. Everyone else has kind of rotated off the show at this point, or, they started as non-regulars, and probably aren't drawing top dollar.

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Syndication.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The guy who has played the ME since the first season is pulling down $175k an episode net worth of $15m, for maybe two or three scenes a week (and I'm guessing they shoot them in one day). Nice life. The guy who plays McGee makes $300k an ep. Net worth of $25m. Harmon just sits home now and cashes checks.

11. nickp

nickp Active Member

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted