1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Dwayne Haskins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Apr 9, 2022.

1. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Very said. I know a few people involved with Ohio State football and they are just crushed. All of them just talked about how nice of a kid he was and his big smile.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Gil Brandt is worshipped on Sirius NFL Radio like the second coming of Paul Brown, but hopefully today was the last time he's heard from.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

As noted Simpsons philosopher Moe Szyslak once said:
    Old people are no good at everything.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Dwayne Haskins got hit by a dump truck, and then Gil Brandt threw him under a bus.

SFIND and Inky_Wretch like this.
  5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Same. Everything since he came into the NFL pointed to him being a tortured soul. The worst thing that could’ve happened to him was being drafted by a dysfunctional franchise in his hometown. I hope he’s at peace, wherever he now is.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You have to fire Brandt, right? That's damn near as bad as what Brennaman said.

tapintoamerica and SFIND like this.
  7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yes - is he still working? Dude is 90. But those comments are in a league with some of the worst ever.

heyabbott likes this.
  8. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Don't overlook Schefter's insensitive af tweet, since deleted. What a db. As if I needed more proof.

heyabbott likes this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Peckwrwood

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Explain to me what was erroneous about this tweet. And that's the only thing you can hold him to -- accuracy.

[​IMG]

BartonK, wicked and Killick like this.
  11. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

How is what Gil Brandt said any less racist than Al Campanis on Nightline? Maybe not as overt, but you can't convince me he would have said that about a white player.

12. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Then I'm ... speechless. A man, a father, a brother, a son, tragically lost his life. And the first reference is about his job? This wasn't a tweet about a free agent signing. For Christ sake.

Draft saved Draft deleted