1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    /Minnesotans when Jesus turns water into wine

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

They'd be mad it wasn't craft beer.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’d say the cake is 80 percent baked for a GOP landslide. Maybe that changes if SCOTUS completely shreds Roe and enough people get motivated on the left. Maybe.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Redistricting didn't change things much here in the Rockies, other than a new district. Redistricting is done by an "independent" commission that is evenly split among Rs, Ds and Is (part of a voter-passed amendment). Six of the seven congressional incumbents are running and appear safe and I think the commission got it mostly right. Not everyone is going to be happy. We have a new district, which I'm now in, in the northern Denver suburbs into more red areas to the north that will be the most competitive. The open seat has been in D hands for a while, but it has tilted more red.

I expect the D governor to easily win re-election. He's had more of a libertarian streak to him than the Boulder liberal he was slammed with four years ago.

The moderate D senator will easily win.

This is a blue state now. Every statewide office save for a university regent seat is held by Ds. There are whackadoodle Rs running in some races, notably SOS even though she's been indicted for election tampering even though the current SOS uses her office way too politically than it normally has been.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

What were some of the problems used in the textbooks that were CRT?

If a racist loses an election by 7 million votes, then incites a violent insurrection leaving five people dead, how high is his approval rating in his party?

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If whatever Dem who’s running against him has the guts, every time Lee says something, they should respond with “who told you to say that?”

Mngwa likes this.
  7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Define "landslide." 40 seats?

I think SCOTUS splits the baby and upholds Roe using the Mississippi 15-week standard. Two of the three pre-Trump GOP-appointed justices in particular are absolutely political and will recognize that going beyond that will energize the left. Roberts is for sure. Alito is enough of a hack to know where that dog is going to hunt. Clarence is in IDGAF mode.

The crazy political state pols like Stitt and Abbott will go screw for once. That is my prediction.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

California Gov. Gavin Newsom, who was headed toward recall one year ago before the Democratic majority rallied, does not face one legitimate Republican challenger in his reelection bid.
    The state lost a Congressional seat for the first time maybe ever, but the parties should kept the seats they have.

HanSenSE and Starman like this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There is strong consensus in Oregon that an independent board should draw the maps - the elected Dems defied the party base and did the usual thing, on the idea that "fair" would be giving up an electoral advantage. I have no doubt that the GOP would do it the same way - but the increasing numbers of non-affiliated voters will likely lead to a state initiative that will get an independent commission passed in the next year or two. It will also likely produce more electeds closer to the center since districts won't be so blue or red.

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I forget. Some bullshit claim that was not reported anywhere. Ask the original poster.

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

It was about Musk pumping and dumping Twitter.

Draft saved Draft deleted