1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Ugh, really disappointed in the tone and the casting, I have to say. Dammit. Guess I'll just read the books again.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

"Law & Order" reboot has gone more toward the "ripped from the headlines" approach the last few weeks. Storylines have included a Q radio host an older gay man accused of drugging younger Black men to the edge of death. Coming up soon, a story based on the Kyle Rittenhouse case.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Finished the recent season of Yellowstone. Kind of glad it was a "breather" year after season 3's madness (which they kind of wrapped up strangely) RIP Roarke Morris. Turns out you had nothing to do with it. Hoping for more of a Rip storyline next season. And I'm guessing the new Sheriff will add a new dimension to the show.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Set up this side hustle. I will pay the enrollment fee for my parents.
    They built a house and moved in in January 2020. I flew out to the 'Stan for the weekend, just so I could set up all of their electronics throughout the house and connect them to their new internet service.

That still means I will have to take the in-between phone calls from my father when his iPhone doesn't work.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A why not? moment at Mel's Diner. Think I found Flo. She has tamed down a lot

20220416_164927.jpg

PaperDoll likes this.
  6. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Outer Range, new Sci-Fi series on Prime Video starring Josh Brolin and Imogen Poots. Brolin runs his wife's ranch. Poots shows up to camp there. Then something strange appears on the west pasture.

Great through first two episodes. They're releasing two each Friday. Looking forward to seeing where it heads.

garrow likes this.
  7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

‘The Goldbergs’ Renewed For Season 10 By ABC – Deadline

This show has become Willie Mays stumbling around center field for the Mets. It used to be entertaining, now it's the same plot recycled every week. And without two of its leads, George Segal, who died, and Jeff Garlin, who left. It should not have been renewed.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

It has really felt like it was coming to a natural closure. Erica's married, Adam's going off to NYU to college, Barry's still a doofus. Without the kids living at home, how are they going to incorporate Beverly into any of the storylines? This should have been the final season.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It would be kind of cool if they went in a weird direction with it. Like, Beverly with *no* interaction with the kids, because the supporting cast of her friend / frenemy group is actually kind of deep. Keep 'em siloed, and only bring them together for the holiday episodes.

I have zero faith that this would happen, and instead, we're going to get a lot of episodes about Bev and the kids' wedding, and Bev interfering with Adam at school, and hell, maybe Barry moves back to the house. Can't really blame Bev's actress signing up for another year, since I imagine this pays a lot better than "Reno 911" ever did, given the scales of each.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Goldbergs is ABCs highest rated comedy and the guess here is the ABC suits thought the new Wonder Years would pop more and be the networks new comedy block tentpole.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

At least according to this site, it's up 0.01 point in the 18-49 demo vs. the #2 comedy, Abbott Elementary (0.57 to 0.56). (Which is supposed to be awesome, and I want to watch, but wife and I were late to it and are now just going to binge once the season is done.) The Wonder Years is at 0.42, which is probably disappointing, yeah, given that they're probably paying decent cash for Cheadle voiceovers and Dule Hill. I suppose that with Garlin and Segal (RIP) gone, it does make The Goldbergs potentially more affordable than most sitcoms heading into year 11.

12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I love the new Wonder Years. But it's not the old one and I suspect that the kind of people who watch network tv on the regular don't want to see more Black people.

Draft saved Draft deleted