1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm totally puzzled by this. They're writing end-of-series storylines, Garlin's gone ... Season 10 could be absolutely cringe-worthy.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Maybe at the end of season 9, Bev wins the lottery, but then at the start of season 10, we find out that Murray had a heart attack the previous year, and the whole preceding year was an elaborate fantasy?

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

lakefront, Wenders and sgreenwell like this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Severance (Apple TV) is going above and beyond in its efforts.

Season 1 is awesome. Love just about everything.

As part of the package they're doing a lot of peripheral stuff like creating a Linkedin page as well as The Lexington Letter, which is a fun read and helps fill in gaps. I'm getting thru that right now when I see this email exchange between newspaper reporter and editor ...

... the suggestion about covering high school playoff hoops is a deft little touch.

Can't be costing those kids scholarships by covering strange mysterious doings at the controversial mind-control plant.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
  5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The Flight Attendant season 2.

Right where it left off.

Webster, garrow and Wenders like this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This looks interesting. Plus, Rose Leslie is irresistable.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Advertising in the newsletters of over 55 communities, would be a way to start. Go for it, there is a need.

8. sgreenwell

Home Economics is probably going to get cancelled, because it's near the bottom of ABC's sitcoms in terms of ratings, and it's not like I hear a bunch of buzz about it. But it's a very pleasant, low stakes half-hour comedy with some regulars you might know (Topher Grace, Sasheer Zamata) and some others that I expect will be scooped up by better shows soon (Caitlin McGee, Karla Souza, Jimmy Tatro). The guest casting is also pretty good, and in the most recent episode, June Diane Raphael shows up, throwing absolute smoke as an alcoholic private school principal.

MTM likes this.
  9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Wife and I were also late to Abbott Elementary. It's great. Also, Season 1 is over so you can start binging away.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. sgreenwell

Nice! Thanks for the heads up.

Forgot to add to my earlier post - Ghosts also finished up its first season. Very solid and amusing, way better than the usual CBS fare. I understand it's adapted from a British show, and as a result some people love that one more, but I haven't had a chance to check that out yet. (Too, much, content!)

Next in our queue is (probably) Russian Doll, season two. Looks weird and interesting, like the first season.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Anyone else seen their first CBD ad? In a pump, kind of like Binaca breath spray.

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I am significantly behind, but loving Ghosts. It's hard for me to get invested in a show nowadays, because it seems like all the ones I like get axed after one season.

Currently rewatching season 1, since I haven't watched it since it aired. Are you liking season 2?

Draft saved Draft deleted