1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Credential beef for PGA Championship

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BurnsWhenIPee, Apr 26, 2022.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I don't think these people even want careers in legitimate golf media such as Golf Digest or The Golf Channel. I think they want to do whatever posing they do on #GolfBootyOfInstagram or whatever and be treated with the same level of respect as Dottie Pepper and David Feherty.

SFIND, HanSenSE, Woody Long and 2 others like this.
  2. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

She needs help, but not to get credentials. Damn.

SFIND and BurnsWhenIPee like this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm reminded of the time someone called pitching a story about the last game at the original Yankee Stadium and could I get him a press pass? I was working at a small paper in California and had no reason to do anything beyond the offerings of AP, especially considering it was an NFL Sunday.
    "Can you get me a press pass anyway?"
    Click.

2muchcoffeeman and SFIND like this.
  4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I work in golf and can't stand golf twitter. And I refuse to cap the G and T to give it somehow extra gravitas.

As for Ms. Rose, it's a credential "application." They can be turned down. The USGA is being tight with space at the U.S. Open this year, so maybe she won't get there either and will put them on blast next. Yeehaw.

SFIND, MeanGreenATO and BurnsWhenIPee like this.
  5. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

When someone uses the term "press pass" instead of credential that generally shows they do not know what they are talking about.

SFIND, ChrisLong and HanSenSE like this.
  6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Really? That's a new one on this Boomer. "Press pass" has always been my preferred usage.

And to be frank, maybe if that remained the preferred usage, it might discourage some of the hangers-on from thinking they deserve one.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

"Credential beef" is escaping me. Does this mean the hoi polloi from McAlester and Broken Arrow get hamburger while Doug Ferguson gets tri-tip, or what?

Woody Long likes this.
  8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

What an incredibly pouty, whiny brat. Governing bodies of golf's major championships don't give credentials to "influencers."

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  9. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Apologies for the threadjack, but what turned out to be the deal with Marisa Ingemi?

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I haven't forgotten how you didn't help me out, jerk. :D

As for this piece of work, in a less innocent time, I imagine The Athletic would have been all over her for engagement purposes.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

She's had a handful of L.A. Times bylines.

12. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

They would have made her a national NHL writer

Draft saved Draft deleted