1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Those people are really far-right conservatives in disguise.

Too bad the conservative "parents know what's better for their kids than the government" crowd didn't feel that way when the government was drafting kids and sending them off to die in Vietnam, a war which was quite popular with the conservatives, IIRC.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

At some point, I’d like to see Dems do a similar law about guns. The GOP would shit themselves.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

California has threatened to, and if the Supremes don't put a stop to that enforcement mechanism it likely will.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

If protesters storm SCOTUS, Biden could slow roll any security assistance until a couple of justices were torn limb from limb.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Biden isn’t Trump.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Screw it. That ship has sailed, and Cocaine Mitch is the captain.
    I'm not saying Biden would, but I wouldn't lament the passing of about four of them.
    SCOTUS and the U.S. Senate are broken and must be reformed by whatever means necessary.
    The court is controlled by justices who were appointed by presidents who were rejected by the majority of Americans and confirmed by senators who represent a minority of Americans.

8. Neutral Corner

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

California has threatened to impose “red flag laws” to warn law enforcement if an unstable person is a threat to others and has access to guns. Not really a tell on your neighbor thing. I think you have to be family or someone who is authorized to watch out for the person.

11. Neutral Corner

12. Neutral Corner

I seem to recall Governor Newsome making noises about using the same outside complainant and reward system as in the Texas abortion law with regard to guns in Cali shortly after the law was passed and the idea was first put forward.

Draft saved Draft deleted