1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

“Pray for a shorter statute of limitations.”

(sorry, you left that on a tee. And I’m Catholic!)

UNCGrad, Machine Head, Liut and 2 others like this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yeah - some of these justices have no problem with the "thou shall not kill" part when it comes to capital punishments.

wicked likes this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

#NotAllCatholics

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. DanOregon

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

7. DanOregon

I've been stewing about the ineffectiveness of the Democratic Party for a while now. Sure, they've done some good things - but always seem to be "reacting" and playing defense, negotiating against themselves (literally). And I realized part of the problem is the Dems always seem to looking for a new group to embrace and empathize with, a new cause to take up - rather than focus on a core principle or principles - I don't disagree with any of their efforts on Ukraine, LGBT rights, women's health, working families, civil rights, the environment, education etc. But I do think it spreads the party pretty thin being so committed to inclusion, that none of their efforts seem to bear as much fruit as they should. The GOP? Guns, low taxes, "family values." Period.
    I don't know what the "solution" may be. But I hope the next generation of Democratic leadership understands the mistakes of the past.

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

The problem to me is, as they often call it, "intersectionality." So much of politics left of center is wrapped up in individual causes that you need to form a coalition of sorts to advance anyone's agenda. The problem is that many of those interests have had a demonstrated tendency to only care about getting 'theirs' or are somewhat mutually exclusive, e.g., Black voter turnout declining once Obama was no long on the ballot or Latinos veering right due to Catholic-influenced positions on abortion, among other examples. The right wing, in this case, fared much better because it is comparatively monolithic.

9. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I was tempted to reply, "Fuck you. Sincerely, Every Sports Desk"

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Dem candidate for Senate in Indiana (and the mayor of Hammond) has this as the lead commercial on his website. He smokes weed in the first second. The entire ad is about legalizing marijuana.

He's running unopposed in today's primary. I hope he wins the general.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Totally read that tweet in Stugotz’s voice.

12. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

This is a gift to democrats from the Supreme Court. They have to take the gift and roll with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted