1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

We have several actually running for school board. They're backed by a "civic group" that - in 2022 - promotes the John Birch Society. The group did a voter guide for the school board races that didn't include info about the incumbents they're trying to oust. I go to church with one of them and asked about it. He said he was never asked to participate in it.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The new Christian crusades.

ARM YOURSELVES

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Pretty sure if the Palestinians would stop lobbing rockets into Israel things would quiet down.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Say what you want about Kemp and Pence, and there's a lot I could say about their right-wing horseshit. But when it came time to choose between their country and the MAGAsshats, they choose wisely.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I'm really into international relations (that's not a euphemism, but I wish it was). One of the Big Questions I don't fully understand is how and why it came to be that Israel is such a third rail in American foreign policy. Is it because they're the only (relatively) white folks in that region? Is it because of so many expatriate Jews in the US, or by extension because so many Americans are familiar with Zionism based on their Sunday School understanding of the Old Testament/Jewish Bible?

What Israel is doing to the Palestinians is morally abhorrent. The thing is that they're probably at least partially right that if they play fair, they'd cease to exist as a nation/state both due to demographics and hostile action. People forget there used to be viable liberals in Israeli politics, but it's been 20 years since they've been relevant mostly because Netanyahu has successfully grafted his paranoia on to a nation. So, is there a justification and sustainability for a Jewish state in the Middle East that goes beyond "because our God says so in this holy book?"

Liut likes this.
  8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

saw this on that thread. THE BOTTOM MEME, NOT THE TOP ONE.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Like when TFG looked the other way on meat packing plant violations? Who needs those pesky regulations!

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Baby formula in my town in CT are locked up. Are they really on shelves like this in other areas?

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The formula is locked up in the sketchy stores and on the shelves loose at the more bougie stores in our area.

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We've had them under lock and key since I started working at the store five years ago. Mostly due to cost, not shortages.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted