1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

After YGBFKM, the words"unindicted co-conspiator" come to mind.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

[Facepalm]

The people Biden needs to reach are not the same as Trump. Trump can get away with blaming everyone else. Biden has to clear a higher hurdle. Scream about how unfair this is all we want, but it’s the reality. He needs to stop stewing and come up with workable solutions that put a tourniquet on the bleeding by this summer. Not much time to avoid a landslide. Use the attack on women’s rights to rally the group that helped him win the White House in 2020: white suburban women.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Good read on Tucker Carlson’s racism and his defenders.

Smallpotatoes and garrow like this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I repeat: more Trump officials were indicted by the Trump Administration than the Biden one. Let’s go Brandon.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Grim scarytale

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...nenberg-supreme-court-bar-roberts-letter.html

The Court, under your leadership and with your votes, has wantonly flouted established precedent. Your “conservative” majority has cynically undermined basic freedoms by hypocritically weaponizing others. The ideas of free speech and religious liberty have been transmogrified to allow officially sanctioned bigotry and discrimination, as well as to elevate the grossest forms of political bribery beyond the ability of the federal government or states to rationally regulate it. More than a score of decisions during your tenure have overturned established precedents—some more than forty years old– and you voted with the majority in most. There is nothing “conservative” about this trend. This is radical “legal activism” at its worst.
    Without trying to write a law review article, I believe that the Court majority, under your leadership, has become little more than a result-oriented extension of the right wing of the Republican Party, as vetted by the Federalist Society.
    It is clear to me that your Court is willfully hurtling back to the cruel days of Lochner and even Plessy. The only constitutional freedoms ultimately recognized may soon be limited to those useful to wealthy, Republican, White, straight, Christian, and armed males— and the corporations they control. This is wrong. Period. This is not America.
    I predict that your legacy will ultimately be as diminished as that of Chief Justice Melville Fuller, who presided over both Plessy and Lochner. It still could become that of his revered fellow Justice John Harlan the elder, an honest conservative, but I doubt that it will. Feel free to prove me wrong.

TowelWaver and matt_garth like this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The problem isn't the press being too hard on the Biden Administration, it's the press's disinterest in calling out the GOP for supporting a lie, for flouting the basic norms of our democracy more than a year after Trump left office. I get it, "well, they're Republicans, that's what they do" is hard to make a compelling story, but we have a big segment of the GOP offering aid and comfort to Russia while it is very actively threatening NATO.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Damn. That'll leave a mark. Won't change a damn thing, of course, but I bet it scored a direct hit on Robert's ego.

TowelWaver and Driftwood like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted