1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He laid in the ring so long the arena was mostly empty and the crew was in tear down mode. They finally stretchered him out.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

It'll be nice to see them get into NOD and People's Champ Rock, but I don't know how much more they can do with the younger generations.

3. nietsroob17

Oh, for god's sake. Guess we can thank his son-in-law Conrad for this mockery.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Even this season, the "younger" arcs were more focused on his mother, father and grandmother. They're all interesting characters, so I think that was a smart decision. From my own experience and poking around the web, I think everyone's biggest issue with the show is the framing device of him running for president, which should be the easiest part to cut. (You know, unless The Rock has a huge ego about it, but what are the odds of that? :D )

5. nietsroob17

I get that, but I just wonder how much further they can go before Dwayne1's period starts to overlap with Dwayne2's period from the first season, and the same with Dwayne2 and Dwayne3.

But I agree -- the President Rock stuff can be pretty cringe.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. nietsroob17

Maybe they don't need and end game, and WWE can just keep going with Elias/Ezekiel. Because if the material remains this good...

7. nietsroob17

Raw is in Norfolk? Is this where we have Cole, the Bucks and ReDragon pull up on a tank outside the arena and ask the guards to let them speak to "Steen" and "Generico"?

8. nietsroob17

If that ending wasn't telegraphed from a hundred miles away -- like they did in Roman/Brock ... and Braun/Show ... and even Lashley himself when he flipped through the cage onto Umaga.

It was the only panel of the cage without the crowd in the away, and you could see the ties designed to snap on the weak contact from Omos basically dropping Bobby along the fence.

They might as well put the three recycling arrows on the screen as much as they recycle things.

9. nietsroob17

Well, shit. I was wondering what the reason was for the 6-pack to go down to two.

Sasha and Naomi have clearly been in the ring with Becky and Asuka bunches of times. Don't see the big issue with Nikki and Doudrop.

Then you've got whichever of the Usos that's married to Naomi. Does he do anything to stand up with his wife, or keep business separate from family?

Last edited: May 16, 2022
  10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Was gonna say given the Bloodline connection for Naomi this has gotta be a work right?

seems ridiculous to suggest any of Becky Asuska Cross or Doudrop would cause anyone on the business discomfort to work with

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I tend to agree. But then I also thought Cody was a work so …

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  12. nietsroob17

Draft saved Draft deleted