1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Awesome little town.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Having been presented the same false intelligence.

The only question is whether that intelligence was intentionally corrupt.

And at this late stage, that's not really even a question.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

It’s almost like - as the GOP was saying “you’re with us or against us!”, eating freedom fries, and boycotting the Dixie chicks - that vote was set up as a “see you voted for this too, so you’re equally to blame!!!”

That was back when voting against foreign intervention meant you were a traitor who sided with the terrorists. Republicans have changed their minds on the subject two or three times since then.

TigerVols and Smallpotatoes like this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Of all the dumb fucking things ever said on this site, “I can’t believe the left let it come to this,” or whatever the direct quote was, is right up there.

6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

But he sure showed us.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's because she requires proof of vaccination for entry to her shows.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Good morning. We’re all still alive, right?

The GOP has been hoping Democrats will take care of the dirty work in squashing Trumpism, so they don’t have blood on their hands. Yet their tacit approval has only helped it grow.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Nut graf from the original editorial:

The Editorial Board, and Nevadans as a whole, are facing an agonizing problem. We have endorsed Republicans in the past and might do so again in the future. Yet as we survey the field of Republican candidates across the state, we are struggling to identify those who are not an active threat to American democracy or the institutions of government that have sustained our republic for 250 years.​

And toward the end:

As it stands right now, voters are faced with a slate of GOP candidates — nearly across the board — who aren’t fit for elective office because they buy into the Big Lie and its attempt to derail democracy. We hate finding people in the public sphere who want to destroy the very elections they now seek to win. We hate efforts to disenfranchise voters and rig future elections. We yearn for a dignified, honest and pro-democracy Republican leadership. We yearn for the Republicans of years past. Patriots, not insurrectionists.​

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2022/may/15/in-search-of-republican-candidates-willing-to-stan/

SFIND, matt_garth, Slacker and 2 others like this.
  12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Cool, cool. I feel owned, but dude spent $3,500. I wish I had that kind of dough. My kids like Olivia Rodriquez.

Draft saved Draft deleted