1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I can see it now. March 29, 2024. Tony Khan teases a major announcement on a live edition of AEW Rampage, live from Panama City, Florida, on TNT. At the end of the show, we suddenly cut to a simulcast with WWE Smackdown and Vince McMahon pops up on the screen. The two of them announce that Khan has purchased WWE, and the circle is complete.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Batman likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, it’s not like they don’t have a shit ton of money already. At some point, why not just sit back and enjoy life?

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Ha, I doubt Vince's pride would ever let him sell out to Khan. If anything, I bet he would sell to the Saudis or some Chinese company for $10B+, because he's not one to give a shit about the optics at all. Meltzer has reported in the past that Vince has occasionally put feelers out on a sale price, but more as an ego thing.

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

If Vince sells it’ll to NBC Universal right? They’re already a billion deep in Peacock anyway.

What ARE Stephanies responsibilities these days? Is she even at TVs? I think she was mostly doing corporate stuff any MBA could replicate? Doubt we’ll notice much of a difference to be honest

6. nietsroob17

7. nietsroob17

Just watched Rampage. Bryan getting caught between the stage and the ring happened during a dust-up between Jericho's crew and the Blackpool crew. They did not include any footage of Bryan being trapped, though the was visible to the side as they went to black.

8. nietsroob17

... But they put footage up as a "YouTube exclusive."

9. nietsroob17

Dear god. It's not like LA Knight was his real name, or his indie name. And he's the manager of a male modeling agency?

10. nietsroob17

Pat McAfee on why Butch always leave through the crowd: "Does he have to poop?"

Quiet, Pat. Vince might be listening, and that sounds like something he'd want to add to the storyline.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  11. nietsroob17

And Cole actually addresses Sasha/Naomi ("they let us down") on the air. Suspended indefinitely, and a tag tournament to come.

I know business is business, but it is a tad perplexing they're totally throwing them under the bus considering both of their husbands are on the payroll. But this is Vince's company we're talking about.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's 90 degrees in Jacksonville, but a shiver just went down Paul Wight's spine.

Baron Scicluna and sgreenwell like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted