1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2022 running NASCAR, IMSA & other racing things thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 20, 2021.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

She's a trophy wife without a trophy.

Driftwood and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I thought she had a home-improvement chain to her name too.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I don't begrudge Teresa Earnhardt anything she's earned or due, but she doesn't have to squeeze a nickel out of everything when someone is trying to honor Dale's memory.
    The kickers were when she wanted a cut of the money they were raising to fund the statue of Dale in downtown Kannapolis and when she sued Kerry, saying he couldn't use his own name.

murphyc, maumann and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I guess I've heard enough that Kurt Busch isn't the best guy, but man it has always been fun to watch him race, and to watch him drive.

5. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

When you get the nickname Wicked Witch of the South, you've got a reputation to uphold. And yeah, suing Kerry was her lowpoint IMO, even more than running Dale Jr. out of DEI. The Earnhardt family should sue her and force her to return to her maiden Houston name, but unlike her they have too much decency to do that.

maumann, 2muchcoffeeman and Driftwood like this.
  6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Times are tough in the 4 pit, apparently.

maumann likes this.
  7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Last night’s finish was the reason some folks consider NASCAR a half-step removed from wrasslin. “Pitiful” as Jim Mora would say.

8. Driftwood

NASCAR has been its own worst enemy over the last dozen years or so.
    It's a good thing they didn't have to redo the finish when DW won the first Winston because his engine had already blown.

maumann likes this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

DW was smart enough to blow it up. Listen to the victory lane interview from the race, he pretty much gives away that it was illegal.

10. Driftwood

Come on now. You know Junior built that motor to go the exact race distance.
    DW tromping the clutch had nothing to do with it.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Race was bullshit start to finish. Track is terrible for racing, last caution was a terrible last-moment attempt to produce a fake-ass close finish. NASCAR’s Scott Miller tried to throw the blame on the race director afterward, but that doesn’t change what we all saw.

I don’t always vote in Jeff Gluck’s “Was that a good race?” polls, but I damn sure did this morning.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

You expected this organization to change overnight?

What an absolute joke. NAScrap.

Draft saved Draft deleted