1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

About 11 million people live in Georgia now, 6 million of those in the Atlanta metro. For comparison's sake, the entire state was around 5.5 million in 1980, when Herschel Walker played football at UGA.

If you're looking for a Tommy Tuberville-type strategy to work, you're gonna need more than just Dawg fans over 50.

Driftwood, Hermes and garrow like this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I can't think of many Ramblin' Wrecks (I know quite a few) who'd be stupid enough and so lacking in dignity as to pursue elective office.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I very emphatically disagree with that.

Fred siegle likes this.
  4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

He’s prone to foot-in-mouth disease.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Yes. These people entered the Capitol with the intent of overturning the election. They should all be facing some serious time.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

That is VERY true. I don't think he's a moron, however.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

He never was the sharpest crayon in the Senatorial box, and age has DEFINITELY knocked quite a few mph off what little heat he had. I wouldn't say he's a moron, either, but let's not kid ourselves about him.

Now, having said that, I'd vote for him seven days a week and twice on Sunday if two of three certain other shitheads were running against him.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

It's just the unmitigated gall when one of them (not you) says "Sleepy Joe".

YOUR FUCKING HERO IS THE DUMBEST PERSON TO EVER SIT IN THE OVAL OFFICE! HE MAKES DUBYA LOOK LIKE STEPHEN HAWKING!

Fred siegle and Driftwood like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think sometimes Biden's real problem is just that much of contemporary America is something with which he's not familiar. Happens a lot to us olds. I pity the staffer who has to explain to him he needs a Tik Tok presence in '24. And it's not like the Senate is a place to keep up with society's trends. The filibuster is killing his administration, but he still supports it, because by golly, it worked OK in 1986, which is probably his primary frame of reference.

Driftwood and HanSenSE like this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

They did tip their hat to the new revolution and take a bow to the new Constitution. Oh.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Which Herschel Walker?

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted