1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

See, I pity the staffer who actually believes he needs a TikTok presence (or something of that nature) in '24. Because he doesn't (I don't think he'll run, anyway). The President doesn't need to be tweeting. He (or she) doesn't need to be commenting on every damn thing coming down the pike, because 90%-plus of what's coming down the pike: A) the President had nothing to do with; and 2) the President can't do shit about.

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The Twitterless President was one of the most refreshing things about Biden’s first year in office, and his approval ratings showed it. That’s what people voted for. No drama.

It’s a whole lot of other things things that have dragged him down. That and this country being an ungovernable mess.

Driftwood and Smallpotatoes like this.
  5. doctorquant

I can't remember which Dem '20 wannabe it was who said it, but he promised something to the effect of "I'll make it so that you'll go weeks without thinking about who the President is or what he's doing." And I thought ... I wanna party with you, cowboy.

dixiehack likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree, but campaigns are always obsessed about new means of communication. This obsession helps consultants get rich. My major point was, Biden at least ought to know what Tik Tok IS, just to be generally culturally aware. But I think he falls into my category. If he went to a supermarket checkout line and saw the latest People cover, more often than not his inner reaction would be "Who the fuck is that?"

TigerVols likes this.
  7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Correct. That’s why I LOLed at Tucker trying to pass it off as garden-variety “trespassing.”

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  8. doctorquant

Jeez, that's me as re: pretty much EVERYTHING celebrity-wise. Mainly it's, "Wait, you say that kinda pretty girl with the really big bottom hanging out of her bathing suit is famous? For what?"

Michael_ Gee and tapintoamerica like this.
  9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I misunderstood you. Sorry about that.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Yeah that'll do it

matt_garth likes this.
  11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

BTW, today's Georgia primary is being tallied on Dominion voting machines. Saw them right there in the county board of elections office. Yep, the same company that Republicans blamed for the 2020 results. Wonder how that isn't an issue tonight (unless a Trumpian gets thrown into a runoff)?

Hermes, Driftwood and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Because America is the only country with mentally I’ll people?

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted