1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 1, 2022.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

And Aliyah goes through the effort of locking Shotzi in the locker room, yet neither she nor Xia Li actually go to the ring to confront Raquel?

Oz likes this.
  2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Cash and creative. They’ve thrown a lot of money around and he may be saying where’s mine?

Even tho he’s put a lot of people over, its hard to imagine anything creative at this stage, every body had to know where the Wardlow story was heading from the start and its been done masterfully.

Would be a really really good work if it is….. I mean everything else on the ppv, fans are still gonna be satisfied, there’s still gonna be multiple 4-6 star matches. Its kinda low risk amazing reward to engineer something like this, in terms of pissing off the fans

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Cornette brought this type of thing up in one of his rants. He says the E kills interest by cramming so much in.

They do hype video of upcoming match between Wrestlers A and B.

Wrestler A does entrance (Cornette says he’s interested in seeing what happens).

Go to backstage incident involving Wrestlers C and D who have nothing to do with the match.

Go to commercial.

Come back, show highlights of what just happened between C and D.

Wrestler B finally makes entrance. Match starts.

Few minutes in, go to another commercial.

Cornette’s point is that they kill the interest with A and B by constantly having interruptions.

On a side note, I always hated how a title match would end in a DQ after a couple of minutes when two more wrestlers interfere, then the commish (Cue Teddy Long) makes it a tag match and the crowd cheers. Why are you cheering? You just substituted a title match for a non-title match. Just kick the two interlopers out and restart the title match.

Oz and sgreenwell like this.
  4. nietsroob17

Looks like Rocky's little girl is getting her own name.

5. nietsroob17

There's something great about the washed-out awkwardness of the picture. He'll be a great mouthpiece and manager for Jade and the baddies, and whoever else he adds on.

And Athena will be a great addition for the women's division.

6. nietsroob17

10:45 and 4 matches (women, three-way tag, Jericho/Blackpool, Punk/Page) left on the AEW card. Guess by only having 4 or 5 PPVs a year, they're trying to go for a bang.

7. nietsroob17

Justin Roberts before Jericho/Blackpool: "Ladies and gentlemen, shit's about to hit the fan."

Didn't I hear Fink say that before WrestleMania III?

8. nietsroob17

This may be the most fucked up "fighting through the arena/stadium" fights I've ever seen -- and they have two matches AFTER this?!?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

No, but it’s fun to hear that line in Fink’s voice.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

So, did MJF pull an Ultimate Warrior yesterday?

I’m glad he showed up and did the job, and I’m sure that’ll score him some points with WWE, but he’s done with AEW, right?

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No, he’s under contract there for two more years.

Draft saved Draft deleted