1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

It's as if he's never been in a junior high classroom. Teachers can't get students to wear deodorant, sign their name on a test, not chew gum, read a chapter of "Taming of the Shrew." Yet, they can indoctrinate them in the history of systemic racism with ease and turn them into the woke mob.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

thread

Last edited: May 31, 2022
    tea and ease and Inky_Wretch like this.
  3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

What I’ve heard from junior high teachers, including my partner, is that this year has been the worst behavior-wise. I’m sure some libertarians will insist it’s because everyone is being woked. (It’s probably from 18 months or more of social development flushed down the drain.) She generally loves her job, but the past couple years have her second guessing her career choice. She’s already more than halfway to retirement since she’s been in so long, so getting out would be tough.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s my daughter’s first year as a teacher. 7th grade science. She had a great year. Fortunately she teaches a college prep private school. She teaches 4 classes a day with an average of 11 kids per class. You get what you pay for. Except teacher’s salaries. Private school teachers make, at best 75% of a public school teacher. The kids are often better behaved, not always. The parents are significantly more involved in their kids education. She hears from parents daily if not not weekly and not just at report card time or when there’s a behavior problem. It’s interesting as our family has had loads of experience with both public and private schools. Parents who are professionals, doctors, lawyers, accountants, engineers, scientists… parents who own businesses, even if its franchise business, or small mom and pop businesses, parents who work more than 8 hours per day, always find the time to be active or at least involved in their kids education. More than just writing a check.
    Parent involvement
    Student Motivation
    Class Size.

You could take all the computers from school, all the tablets, all the A/V and even all the fancy lab equipment away, put the kids in a one room school, but if you have constructive parent involvement, motivated kids and small class size, education will thrive.

5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

...and water is wet.

tea and ease likes this.
  6. heyabbott

Not without tax dollars going to overpaid Urban a school administrators.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

And there it is.

Fred siegle likes this.
  8. OscarMadison

9. heyabbott

It was intentional

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Overpaid Urban

[​IMG]

HanSenSE, dixiehack, Mngwa and 4 others like this.
  11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I have no doubt.

heyabbott likes this.
  12. OscarMadison

Not saying much right now for a number of reasons. I will say this: There are a lot of things you can attribute to "urban" administrators. Overpaid isn't one of them. Their biggest hurdle is the lowered expectations they contend with from the "Suburban" administrators.

Former high school classmate of mine at an NFL contest with her pasty white student with a serious Hapsburg jaw: (Student/client) is SO ARTICULATE for someone from, uh... (She runs out of steam when she realizes she's about to say something she shouldn't.) Um. Oscar, you always did the purtiest art! Do you think you could-

Me: I have plenty of paid commissions right now. My paint card is full.

Former Classmate from Cousinhumper Senior High: It would be a huuuuuuewge favor!

Me: No, thanks. Really. No.

Student/Client in the car on the way home: That lady is married to her brother, isn't she?

Me: Who wants ice cream?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted