1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I get that ... there are some points where you just shake your head and ask, what was that all about, anyway?

But Cuoco has really developed into a first-rate actor. She's proven to be a lot more than a sitcom element. Lots of range shown in this character.

Webster likes this.
  2. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

Hollywood seems to think Wolfhard is pretty good. The kids that play Lucas and Will are so stiff that corpses mock them. I think all the young female castmembers are pretty solid, though.

For season 4 they definitely cranked up the intensity.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The first season was actors filling another Netflix series that had a few 1980s actors to draw people in. In season two, they knew they had a mega hit and the quality of the young actors increased noticeably.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

If they focused just on Mamet/boyfriend, her sobriety/relationship with her mom and had a more coherent and thought out central plot, it would have been far better. I didn’t understand the motivation of the main villain at all and even the event which started the season wasn’t explained. Some of the plot lines (Rosie Perez especially, but Kaley’s boyfriend, the British woman) didn’t add anything and we huge net negatives given the time which they took up. I would watch a season 3 because of her, but it needs to be more tightly written.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I just saw the first scene with her and Mom (Sharon Stone). That was one of the more intense scenes I've seen in years.

Webster likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That last episode of Barry ... whew, that was something.

garrow likes this.
  7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Finished "Bosch" last night. Can't wait for another season. Show is damn good.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Someone give Sadie Sink all the awards, please.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Yeah, I love the Taylor Swift music video too.

... I mean, what? (Also, I have to wait to watch Stranger Things until my wife comes back from traveling, and it's killing me, since the reviews have seemed positive for it.)

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The bakery dude should have his own show.

SFIND and Cosmo like this.
  11. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

First three episodes of Season 3 of The Boys have dropped. And boy, have they ever double-downed on the disgusting gore factor.

(I don't know what the accepted acronym is for "Not Safe Even When Hidden by Spoiler Code" but imagine it here.)

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They beat heads exploding and people slipping on the blood and bits of brain from last season?

I just started watching the first episode this morning, so I haven't gotten to the diabolical stuff just yet. Given the powers of the supe they focus on early in the episode, I can only imagine the possibilities.

Draft saved Draft deleted