1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 1, 2022.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

This isn't 2006. I'm not clamoring to see MVP in a ring.

Lemme guess. Lashley wins this one, they put Cedric into it and we get treated to a 1-on-3?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I saw her make her entrance, then they went to something else so I flipped away to the NHL for a while. When the NHL went to commercial, I flipped back and was totally surprised to see the match still going on, as I thought a lot of time had elapsed and they were on to the next thing.

The E is just getting worse and worse with its production.

nietsroob17 likes this.
  3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

if you’re not enjoying MVP’s mic work and driving of this feud idk what to say. Its not for you. Its been great and all the Ringers pods have been singing the praises. Only Heyman is a better second than MVP over the last 18 months or so

4. nietsroob17

The mic work isn't the problem. I have no interest in seeing Lashley and Omos for the third straight month, and MVP in the ring doesn't add to that. Lashley is a great worker, but he can only take Omos so far as the token Foreign Giant. There's nothing more to be seen.

With Cody vs. Seth III, at least they have the ability to deliver a banger with their eyes closed.

5. nietsroob17

Guess Max has been waiting to vent over wearing a dress and fake boobs as Lashley's sister.

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Surprised the did the stretcher job if this was the plan. I mean if hes gonna come out and talk contract and no sell it all that kinda blows for Wardlow.

This and Punk’s first title appearance plus no NBA should pop them a pretty good rating, I would think

7. nietsroob17

Undertaker, Goldberg, the Bellas, Rey Mysterio, Kurt Angle, Lex Luger, Edge and DX

I can only imagine the footage from the nixed Luger doc on the Network will be worked into the A&E piece.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

LOL. One of these is not like the others.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

The Bellas did a shoot interview the brief time they were fired by WWE, in the 2011ish range. It would probably be really interesting to give that another watch now, since their second run went a whole lot better. They also started dating Cena and Danielson, and got pushed up the card at roughly the same time, which is probably something thorny that a WWE-produced doc would want no friggin' part of.

10. nietsroob17

- Dynamite being sponsored by an internet company called Miro
    - Johnny Elite facing a mystery opponent.
    - The former Lana tweeting that she has the urge to watch AEW tonight.

Clearly, this all leads to the long-awaited return of Sonny Kiss.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    sgreenwell likes this.
  11. nietsroob17

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.

This MJF promo is making the Pipe Bomb sweat.

Batman likes this.
  12. nietsroob17

AEW tweeted out clips of MJF's promo, but they've since deleted them.

Draft saved Draft deleted