1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 1, 2022.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

God I hope not. That’s such a hackneyed, obvious storyline. Plus, it would be tough to sell Baker as havimg a problem with WWE transplants when her significant other and his crew are WWE transplants.

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

This was no doubt a worked shoot. They could’ve cut him off at any point and didn’t until the very end. Great promo, but definitely a work. (I still think the weekend started as a shoot and got turned into a work, though.)

Inky_Wretch and sgreenwell like this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I was thinking about this watching the Jericho-Kingston stuff ... has AEW done a round two of any feuds once they've put them to bed? They're kind of going there with Jericho and Moxley, but not one-on-one. Maybe Cody and Sammy Guevara ran it back for the TNT title?
    I'm having trouble thinking of any long-running rivalries like WWE built over the years with Cena-Orton, Cena-Edge, Owens-Zayn, etc. Or even the feuds they returned to years later with fresh takes like Jericho-HBK or Triple H vs. Undertaker. I know they've only been around a few years and some of these feuds have dragged on forever (pretty much anything Jericho has been in for the past two years), but AEW has done a great job of constantly presenting fresh matchups.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: MJF

So how does this end? What happens in the ring to pay it off?

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Face turn after a win over one of the WWE transplants at whichever PPV follows Forbidden Door.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You think he could work as a face? I don’t see that. I was thinking if CMP stays a face, MJF goes after him and the title as a FU to the newbies and to solidify his pillar of the company status.

But if it’s more shoot than work, do you want to put him in the title mix?

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Remember that promo a few months ago about being jew boy on the football team? The crowd reaction….. they want to cheer him so it can work.

theyll have to be careful about the faces he works with at first, I dont think think he’d get cheered vs Hangman or Darby, but turning Punk would work, Danielson could pull it off

I’d be careful about a legend killer thing running thru the guys making more money. No reason to turn the crowd on Christian or Mark Henry and Jeff Hardy.

Cole Fish and OReilly absolutely though

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

RIP Melanie Pillman

The Dark Side of the Ring episode on Brian showed that she lived a difficult life. Vince interviewing her on Raw the day after Brian’s death is one of the all-time low moments for the company.

nietsroob17 likes this.
  9. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

In NXT, Nikkita Lyons posts a video of herself working out to a pro-Capitol mob rap song. They going to re-sign Jaxson Ryker as a mixed tag?

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Based on the pop he got last night, I think he could be a monster face in AEW as long as he keeps hitting that “AEW v. WWE guys” button he pounded last night.

11. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

A film credit with Samuel L? Kudos to her.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Of course she’s doing well. She’s represented by these guys:

[​IMG]

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted