1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Driving Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Nov 14, 2021.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Pico and Bundy is getting very close to home for me. Teddy's used to be Nu-Way and had the best chili dogs around. It was open late.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Pico between Barrington and Centinela is interesting.

That section of West L.A. is the reason I went back for the third day in a row.

3. Songbird

Saw this parked by my place.

[​IMG]

It's the 40-year anniversary of the Kings eliminating the up and coming powerhouse Oilers in the Smythe semis, 3 games to 2.

I've posted the Miracle on Manchester here many times but that wasn't the only historic Kings win.

I was 10 and just becoming so hot and nuts for the Kings even though they usually sucked.

The Kings were 24-41-15 that season and scored 314 goals while giving up 369.

The Oilers were 48-17-15 that season and scored 417 goals (1st) while giving up 295.

Should've been an easy 3-0 sweep.

Instead the Kings won the opener 10-8 up at the Northlands Coliseum and it set the stage for everything else.

And Bob Miller is the best play by play hockey guy in the history of the league.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Teddy's gets ★★★★ on both Yelp and Foursquare. Has a covered patio too. Looks like a good vibe.

5. Songbird

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Bumping with a meta pic…

Attached Files:

swingline, dixiehack and Mngwa like this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That’s funny. Even more so is that I saw a
    TGR VOL plate in my town a year ago or so.

TigerVols likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted